Strike

[Edited October 19, 2019]

The woman gaped at you, her mouth opening and closing as if she was trying her best catfish impression. Although it was obvious she was offended, it seemed as if she wasn't capable of a comeback- or anything, rather, given the fact she seemed like an airhead. You unwrapped the silverware and placed the napkin on your lap as one of Levi's co-workers attempted to stutter out words. You leaned back in your chair, ignoring Levi's stare and began to make conversation with Erwin as the short woman attempted to stare holes into your head. You and Erwin were having a fully engaging debate with a man named Mike until the woman loudly cleared her throat.
Everyone turned to look at the strawberry blonde as she spun a piece of hair around her finger.
You kept irritation off of your face as she turned to you, a smirk playing on her lips.
I swear to god if she says some stupid shit she's gonna catch these hands.

She began to open her mouth when the voice of someone else rang out nearby.
"Hey... (y/n)? Hey!"
Your eyebrows shot up as you turned in the direction of the voice. There stood the man you had met earlier, Eren Jeager, with a small smile as he waved. "I knew it! How are you?" He asked, a boyish smile on his face as he walked over.
Ignoring the stares, you politely smile and give a small wave back. "I'm good! It's been a while! How are you?" You ask, keeping your shit-eating grin off of your face as you see Levi glaring at the younger boy. Dimples appeared as he smiled wider and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I've been good. I'm ready to graduate- college is a pain in the ass after four years." He said, a slight pink tint staining his cheeks. 

"Oh?" You keep your eyes trained on the younger boy as you feel Levi's eyes dart to you. "What are You going to college for?" You ask, crossing your legs and angling yourself in the chair for a more comfortable position. He rubbed the back of his neck as his eyes avoided Levi, who was staring intently at you. "Law, actually. I want to be a cop." He says, awkwardly shoving his hand back into his pocket.
You nod, your eyes darting to Erwin, who let out a grunt of approval. "Nice choice. It can be a little difficult, but it's worth it." Erwin said, earning a nod of approval from Mike. "Would you like to sit? One of our party members couldn't make it." Erwin said, gesturing to an empty seat between Mike and Petra.
Eren glanced behind him, and then turned to Erwin. "I would love to, but I came with some friends. It was nice meeting you though!" He said, smiling politely at the tall blonde man before turning to you. "It was nice seeing you. 'Later!" He said, waving as he hurried off to his table.

Erwin chuckles as you reposition yourself, turning your seat so it faced the table again. "I think you scared the boy off, Levi." Erwin chuckled, smirking at Levi as he leaned back in his chair.
Levi snorted, a small smile surfacing as he adjusted his seat. "Good." He replied, leaning back in his seat as well.
Your eyebrow quirks up, but you make no comment as you see Petra sidle up with him from the corner of your eye. Taking a drink from your water, you make no comment on the woman's behavior. It's quite obvious all she wants is attention, and you refuse to be her source. Taking a drink of water, you listen in Erwin and Mike talk, chiming in every so often.
Despite the woman's attempts to catch Levi's attention, his eyes seemed to be locked onto you. Although, his gaze seemed angry more than anything else.
"So," Petra's shrill voice attracted everyone's attention as she swirled a piece of hair around her index finger, her eyes locked on Levi as if he were a piece of meat. "Why'd you get married anyway?" Her question made Levi pucker his lips as if he'd tasted something sour.

After a few seconds of silence, he turned to you and took your hand-much to your surprise- and completely ignored the strawberry-blonde haired woman. "I married her because I love her. And I dont want anyone else." He said, turning his gaze to Petra, whose expression reminded you of a child who was denied candy. You, on the other hand, played along, yet felt incredibly surprised.
You expected him to let go, but instead he (discreetly) pulled you closer and let your intertwined hands rest in his lap.
Erwin watched the two of you with a smile as Petra began to pout, her eyes drilling into you.
But all you could really think of was his warm hand that held onto yours so tightly.

The dinner continued on for about an hour before everyone parted ways.
Even as the two of you stood outside in the frigid Washington air he was still holding your hand.
As you tried to let go and go to your car, he gripped your hand tighter. "Ride with me in my car." He said, pulling you towards his Mercedes that seemed to blend in with the dark pavement. "But my car's here." You say, confused as he pulls you along.
"But-"
"Just ride with me. I'll have someone pick up your car." He interrupts, stopping by the passenger door and opening it. You say nothing in reply and get into the car, deciding to interrogate him once he's inside as well. Looking into the rear-view mirror, your eyes lock onto none other but Eren Jeager, who was staring at the car with a dark expression. However, before you could begin to decipher it, he turned away and strode off into the opposite direction.
Your attention broke away from the mirror as Levi climbed into the car, closing the door hurriedly as he glanced over at you. "You okay?" He asked, his tone surprisingly normal as he looked you over. "Yeah I'm fine." You reply as he starts the car, the putting sound of the engine alerting you as warm air began to come out of the air vents. "Why'd you want me to ride with you anyway?" You ask, buckling yourself in as he began to back out of the parking spot.
He was quiet for a few moments, obviously contemplating as to how to answer your question. Finally, his eyes finished searching the area behind him and he focused them on you.
"Because he's dangerous."

(( A/N: Y'know I really think Erwin is attractive. ))