Child's Play

You scoffed, staring at your doorway in disbelief. Did he really just say that? Growling under your breath, you closed your eyes and tried to calm yourself down. There was no reason to let him under your breath, even if he made you want to wring his neck out like a soggy washcloth. Letting out a breath, your eyes snap open at the sound of approaching footsteps. Sure enough, soon Bertholdt and Reiner were back inside your apartment, with Reiner laughing as Bertholdt chastised him for being rude. "Really, Reiner! What if he leaves a bad review?" Bertholdt asked, appearing just as nervous as he did when he left. "Oh don't worry. He's too full of himself to actually sit down and write a review." You say jokingly, picking up one of the boxes as the two men looked at you with surprise etched in their faces. "I mean, he's the kind of bastard that won't even move a few boxes on his own," You continue, smiling as Reiner guffawed at your comment. "I knew I liked you, (y/n)!" He said, giving you a slap on the back before gathering another box in his arms. "Damn! Ow! Watch it, you have arms built like trees man!" You whine, grinning apologetically as Bertholdt casts you a sympathetic look. "He loves hitting people- I'm starting to think he's some kind of sadist." Bertholdt muttered, wincing as Reiner laughed raucously, unable to give Bertholdt another slap since he had a box in his arms. "I wouldn't say im a sadist, per se," Reiner wheezed, walking ahead of you and Bertholdt as you made your way out of the apartment and down the steps. "I'm just a rough and rowdy cowboy." He said mischievously, cackling again as Bertholdt let out a disgusted groan. "Why haven't I quit yet?" He whined, sighing dramatically as you cackled along with Reiner. "My ass is too great. If you quit, you wouldn't be able to see this God given work of art anymore." Reiner said gleefully, strutting towards the moving truck and giving Bertholdt a flirtatious wink. 

Bertholdt gagged, pretending to vomit as the two of you followed Reiner. "That's it- I'm suing you for sexual harassment." He said, earning another loud bit of laughter from Reiner and you. It was crazy- you had only just met these two, but here they were, joking around as if they've known you for years. "Come on Bertie sweetie~ you know you love me~ who couldn't?" Reiner said, setting the box down in the truck and making kissy noises. "Right (y/n)? Aren't I just just the best?" He asked, swinging his arm around your shoulders as you tried to find a place to put the box. "You better watch it, or else you'll have two sexual harassment cases on your hands." Bertholdt said jokingly, setting his box down before he helped you set your box down as well. "Aww, come on now, I'm sure she wouldn't sue me," Reiner whined dramatically, earning an eye roll from his friend as you laughed at their antics. "Nah, no law suit from me. Although I'm not afraid to kick some ass," You reply jokingly as the three of you began the trek back to your apartment. "I'm sure. It's always the short ones that are the most feisty." He said jokingly, elbowing Bertholdt as he wiggled his eyebrows. "Take this light pole for example- he's taller than most of the people he meets, but he was still terrified of your bean sprout of a husband." Reiner said, earning a surprised gasp from Bertholdt. "Hey! Don't insult her husband like that, Reiner." He cried, casting a worried glance in your direction as he began to sweat yet again. 

He sure did sweat a lot, huh? You couldn't judge though- maybe it was a medical thing. "No, don't worry about it. Our marriage is..." You trailed off, unsure of how to describe it.It wasn't a conventional marriage, but it also wasn't fake by any means, since the papers were signed. It was a business arrangement- through marriage, your father made sure he had a secured source of funds, and Levi now had his hands on two companies- both his, and your father's. "...Complicated, I guess. I don't really know how to explain it." You say, earning a worried glance from Bertholdt. "A-are you okay? You're not being mistreated or anything right?" He inquired, looking at you with concern in his eyes. Reiner nodded, his eyes suddenly serious as the three of you climbed up the stairs. "No, no! Nothing like that. Don't worry about me." You say, smiling at the two men. It was nice, though, to have people who cared about you and your circumstances. You had been blessed with good friends- you knew Jean and Mikasa would drop anything to help you if you needed it.