Try Me

[Edited October 19, 2019]

Eventually the party died down, and you had felt odd ever since Irvin excused himself from the party after the odd talk he had with you.
Not to mention the way you froze up at his subtle flirts.
Why did I act so weird?
The thought ran repeatedly through your head as you and Levi sat in silence in a long, sleek limousine, apparently on your way to the 'honeymoon'.
As if.
You sigh for the 28th time- as you were keeping track.
You left your phone at your apartment, Levi hasn't opened his mouth since he kissed you before you both got into the car- for show of course- his jaw working ever since the door closed.
Was your life going to be this miserable? Could you still work? Would he say that was up to him, too?
Questions that you had been holding off slammed into you as anxiety clawed up your throat.

Heat pricked at the corners of your eyes as you stifled a sniffle.
He ruined my life- all for money.
All of a sudden you felt someone's hand on your thigh.
It was like all of the anger you had been trying to stifle exploded forth all at one moment, your eyes flashing. "Get your hands off me!" You sneer, batting his hand away as fat, angry tears rolled down your cheeks. A sob racked your body as you both stared each other down.
"I hate you! I hate you! I fucking hate you!" You seethe, flagging the driver to stop the car as you fling the door open, getting out and taking long, angry strides as you held fistfuls of dress material.

"(Y/N)!"
His voice called out behind you, but you continued on, every muscle wanting to turn around and beat the shit out of him.You aggressively wipe your mouth, wanting to wipe away the cold feeling of his lips.You wanted to wipe the cold feeling that he left on your skin.
On your life.
Another sob wracked your body as you collapsed onto your knees, shaking as you held your hands to your face.Your body trembled, your heart shattering into pieces and your brain crippling from the stress of the past few days. You blindly wiped your face, mascara surely smeared on your face and on your hands. You thought you could play it off- that maybe if you played it cool, you could convince yourself that everything was okay. But it wasn't okay- you married someone you didn't even know to appease your family. What would happen to you? What did this mean for your life?

As you turned, you watched the limousine drive away, slowly becoming a faint dot in the distance. "Dick!" You scream after the car, wishing you had said it to his face instead.
The sound of a car crunching across the gravel caught your attention as you turned, eyes wide like a deer in headlights. It was a simple Toyota Corolla, in a silver color. It would've been a sight for sore eyes, had it been a car you recognized. 

A tall boy with vibrant teal eyes stepped out, looking concerned as he walked over, glancing down the road. He stopped in front of you with a concerned look, holding his hand out as he offered an apologetic smile. "Hey... Uh... Are you by chance named (Y/N) (L/N)?" Your (E/C) eyes widened as you nodded frantically, embarrassed that you were sitting on the side of the road with a dirty wedding dress on.

It made you feel more miserable.
"Yeah that's me." You answer with a hoarse voice, your voice shaking as you take his hand and let him hoist you up, your feet finally meeting the ground in a more natural manner. "I'm uh- my name is Eren Jeager. Mikasa is my sister." He stumbles the words out quickly, awkwardly rubbing the back of his head as he gave you a lopsided grin. "I was on my way to get her and horsefa-" he cleared his throat, "uh- Jean, and well," he gestured towards you and gave you a knowing smile.
You nod, glancing at the road that His Royal Douche disappeared down. "Could you do me a huge favor?" You ask, your voice pleading. He nods, his eyes widening as he watches your face intently. "Yeah, yeah! Sure! What's up?" You sigh, relief blossoming through your limbs as you visibly relax. "Would it be too out of your way to take me home?" You ask, your voice hopeful.
"Oh not at all! I'll just tell Mikasa that I'll meet her at the restaurant instead of the church."He mumbled the last part more to himself, fumbling with his phone.You took the time to inspect his face, which was full of boyish charm. Yet he still had a square jaw and full lips that made your heart beat a little bit faster. You swallow, averting your eyes down to the gravel beneath your feet. 

Not like you could do much now, you were married to a man you didn't love. You look up, swallowing  thickly as he looks at you with a satisfied smile. He takes notice of your expression, his jaw working slightly as he watches your emotions switch from anger to sadness like a light switch being thrown. He hated that Levi was doing this to you, as Jean, (who was completely drunk the night before), ended up ranting to Eren all night about how angry he was.
And as Eren guided you to the passenger seat, smiling soothingly at you as he opened the car door, he decided.

He was going to steal you from Levi.