An Unexpected Compromise

Start from the beginning

"What do you think?" Kaminari sighed and scratched his head exhaustedly. "Katsumi missed and wanted to see you again, but Bakubro stood up against him because he didn't want to bother you again. So he threw another fit and destroyed this whole entire room! Bakubro finally had enough of spoiling his son and was trying to stop this bad habit, which led up to them being at a stalemate when you came in and saw them fighting..."

"Really?" Izuku sceptically raised an eyebrow at his explanation. He took a moment to survey the room, green eyes widening at the amount of destruction inflicted upon their surroundings. He hadn't noticed due to his haste earlier, but now...

"He did all this just to see me again?" the Omega questioned in amazement, internally cringing at all the damage. Bakugou had told him before that the pup was reliant on him, but he didn't think that he had this much of an impact on him?

"What else could the problem be? You're seriously underestimating your influence on him!" cried the Beta. Seeing that Izuku was still clueless, he went on, "Remember the first day you met Katsumi? Well, after we found you, Katsumi wouldn't let anyone come near you. In the end, Bakubro was the one who carried you the hospital!"

He subconsciously glanced at silent Alpha, who met his questioning gaze in an eerily composed manner, unruffled by the statement. Bakugou Katsuki had personally carried him to the hospital?

"And after you left the hospital, Katsumi woke up and thought you'd died when he didn't see you there. Then he went on a rampage and almost jumped out the window!"

Izuku gasped at the mental image of the pup in his arms dangling out the window. The hospital room they had rested in was on the fifth floor! Kaminari nodded in agreement. He had pictures to prove it.

"Luckily, he calmed down after Bakubro gave him the note you wrote and scented for him. Last night, Katsumi threw a hunger strike to threaten Bakubro into bringing him over to see you. As for tonight, he wasn't able to use his super effective starvation trick this time because you called earlier and reminded him to eat, so he decided to trash this place instead!"

Izuku gulped nervously as the Beta's words sunk in. So because of his phone call earlier, technically, everything was actually all his fault?

He looked down at the pup, who was glaring at his traitorous uncle. "Katsumi—" the ash blond pup immediately turned to attention at the sound of his name, "—did you break all those things because you wanted to see me?"

Katsumi nodded, pleased with himself. His eyes seemed to be saying: And it worked!

Izuku frowned, "Don't you know what you did was wrong?"

Katsumi shook his head slowly, confused. What did he do wrong? He didn't know.

Izuku finally understood why the Alpha was so strict towards his son. This pup had probably been spoiled to the point that he thought that the whole world revolved around him. His emerald gaze turned serious.

"Then I will tell you now, what you did to your home was wrong. Only bad pups do that, so promise me that you won't ever do this again, okay?"

Katsumi nodded in agreement. I promise!

Bakugou's expression became complicated. Although his son was unruly, if he nodded to a promise, he would keep it without fail. Psychiatrists had tried everything to end Katsumi's bad habits of starvation, isolation, and destruction to get his way all the time, but they never worked. His parents were against the more forceful methods, only persisting halfway before giving up in the end to their precious grandson's tantrums.

The Omega's influence on the pup was better than he thought.

"Alright then," Izuku checked the time, internally wincing at how late it was, "Looks like it's about time for baby to sleep! How about I sing you a new song tonight?"