An Unexpected Compromise

Start from the beginning

The security guard at the gate let him in after giving his name, and a maid waited outside the Bakugou residence to bring him inside. Izuku yanked off his gloves and helmet, allowing his viridian curls to pop free as he tossed them aside on the lawn and stormed into the double door entrance.

He walked in just in time to see Bakugou Katsuki standing in the middle of the living room, holding Bakugou Katsumi in the air by the collar and snarling at him. The little spitfire was growling back at him, a fierce expression on his face as he frantically squirmed and struggled to free himself from his father's death grip.

"Katsumi—" the Alpha glowered at the wiggling bundle of anger in his hand, "—Did you really think that I'm not about to—"

"STOP!"

A flash of green smelling of a forest fire dashed past him and snatched the pup away.

Bakugou blinked in disbelief at the sight of his now empty hand. Who dared to intervene and steal his son? He whirled around, infuriated, ready to fight whoever it was—

Only to stop in his tracks at the sight of fierce, hostile emerald eyes challenging him.

Seeing his appearance, Kaminari almost couldn't stop himself from whistling.

Midoriya Izuku held Katsumi in a protective crouch, clutching the trembling pup tightly to his chest as he glared aggrievedly at the fuming Alpha, completely unafraid. Baring his teeth at Bakugou, he looked ready to lash out if anyone dared to get any closer. They'd heard stories of Omegas going feral to protect their pups, but this was the first time they were seeing it happen right before their eyes.

Moreover, this particular pup wasn't even his own.

"Mr. Bakugou Katsuki," Izuku began seethingly, "I know that I don't have the right to say anything as an outsider, but let me just say this one thing—" his voice sharpened, "—There's something wrong with the way you're raising him. Pups at this age need love and warmth, even more so with Katsumi since you know he's going through major trauma AND doesn't even have a mother by his side!"

He pointed an accusing finger at the ash blond, raving at a higher pitch, "You of all people should be more patient and understanding with him because he only has you! You, you're his father! Don't you see how scared he is? And yet you were going to raise your hand against him!"

Viridian eyes went wide and darkened with fury as he roared: "APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW!"

The Alpha opened his mouth, angered by the way the Omega dared to talk back at him, but to his astonishment, nothing came out. He stared at that commanding gaze helplessly, struggling with his aggravated self and his worrying instincts that demanded that he surrender before the shorter's will.

Finally, all he could do was swallow down his pride, present his neck in submission and concede: "It was my fault."

Kaminari breathed a sigh of relief to himself and thanked all things holy that they were still alive. Hearing Bakugou admit his mistakes cheered up the Beta considerably. He was only slightly put out that the Alpha had chewed him out earlier for criticizing his strict educating methods, but accepted it so easily when Midoriya pointed it out.

Izuku finally relaxed his defensive stance and carried Katsumi over to go sit on the couch. The pup stuck to him like glue, amber eyes never leaving the Omega's face. He looked like a puppy who had found his owner at last, instead of the ill-tempered lion cub he was impersonating just moments earlier.

Izuku scented and stroked his soft ash blond hair reassuringly, cooing, "Good boy, everything's okay now, I'm right here..."

There was a moment of silence as everyone struggled to recover from the sudden turn of events. Gradually, the greenette calmed down and returned to his senses, asking placidly, "So, what happened today? Wasn't he doing just fine this morning?"