Got To Get You Into My Life

Start from the beginning

"The bloodhounds are in town ready for the biggest story of the week!" Sean greeted them. "Social media is going bonkers over you with your new flame and child in tow!" 

"Oh for fuck's sake!" Julian cursed, closing his eyes in frustration, this was the last thing that he needed, he would not allow these leeches to put his family in danger.

"British tabloids Dad!" Gracie said, "are you also well known like Mum?"

"Yes, I was born here, my Dad was born and raised here too Sweetheart," Julian said.

"Our Dad, brother! Our Dad!" Sean interrupted.

Julian faltered. 

How would she take it?

"Probably in her stride Julian dear, can you manage to tell her?" Emmaline stepped in.

"Sean and I darling Gracie were born to one of the Beatles, the frontman Mr John Lennon. I've known worldwide fame all my life darling, but I will protect you!" He said.

"I know Dad," she said calmly "we have your white feather flier books back at the Orphanage, I always loved reading them! Sally let it slip that your last name is Lennon to one of the other boys!"

He looked relieved, almost ready to cry as he hugged his daughter.

"I was never given middle names Dad, is Gracie Lennon a good enough name?"

"We could always add middle names if you wish Gracie," He said.

"Middle names later, let's hit the shops!" Charlotte said happily, "should we take the train up to London to get Gracie a dress for the wedding?"

"Gracie my sweet, this is my brother Sean and his girlfriend Charlotte!" Julian happily introduced her to his family.  

She hugged the couple, "I've always wanted to go on a shopping spree!" She said to her aunt.

London was bustling with people, Gracie clutched the hands of her parents tightly. Still wearing her mother's sunglasses they all headed to Harrod's where they would easily be able to get everything.

She was amazed at what she saw, London wasn't Liverpool and Harrod's had everything that one could imagine.

"First, Gracie's dress?" Emmaline suggested, then her daughter's tummy rumbled loudly. "No, food first!" 

"A coffee would be good, with a slice of rich chocolate cake!" Charlotte smiled spotting where she would get it.

Sean crouched down "Ice cream, Gracie? My shout! Don't look up at Mum and Dad, I'm taking you for ice cream, then you can eat healthily!"

She wondered if they would always give her everything she asked for or was it just to spoil her for a few days before settling into her new life.

She knew Julian and Emmaline weren't stupid, nor pushovers. That wasn't to say she couldn't wrap her Uncle Sean round her little finger though.

The four adults with little Gracie sat down with something to eat, Julian and Emmaline had ordered something from The Pasta Bar, Charlotte had coffee and cake and Sean and Gracie were in heaven with a sweet creation of ice cream.

Halfway through her cup of ice cream, she gazed hungrily at Julian's creamy Pasta Carbonara.

He noticed and gently twirled a small amount onto his fork enough for her to eat. 

"Thanks, Dad!" She took it, enjoying the taste. 

"Want to share some more? Or try your Mum's?" He asked.