20- You're looking pretty pale

A couple weeks went by, and Dalton received a phone call from his mother, informing him that his father was being released from the hospital, and asked that he come and see him later. "I'll be there." he tells her.

Bring that girlfriend of yours. That's all he's been talking about.

"Don't worry, I'll bring her." he chuckled. He hung up the phone, and laughed, thinking about how he reacted to her in the hospital, and wondered what he planned on saying to her this time.

Janelle finally got done helping the girls get caught up, and headed to see Dalton. He wasn't in his office, and walked down the hallway to see if he was talking to any nurses, and ran into him as he exited a room. "Dalton, just the person I'm looking for... are you busy, or do you have another patient to see?"

"I have a minute to spare, what's up?"

"I wanted to let you know I've got the girls caught up, and wanted to let you know that come tomorrow, I won't be in. They won't need me anymore, besides, the kids don't have school tomorrow, and I'll need to be there with them."

"That's fine, thanks for all your help, and for being a pain in my ass." he says smiling.

"No problem." she giggled "What are big sisters for?"

"To be a pain in my ass, that's why..."

He looked behind him, and placed his hand on her shoulder, walking her to his office. "I do want to thank you for finally giving Victoria a chance." he says, as he shut the door. "She means a lot to me, and the way things are going between us, I see a future for us."

She scratched the back of her head, and took a deep breath before speaking. "Dalton, I like her, I do... she's much different than Krista, and am happy that you found yourself a woman you adore. She's beautiful, has a big heart, a little sensitive at times, but she seems like a good person. But... I just want you to make sure you know what you're doing before you go and do something that will change your lives forever. I'm not saying this for you to get upset with me, I'm just looking out for you, and I don't want to see that happen again. I'm not saying it will, and I don't see her doing that to you, but I didn't see that with Krista either, and you know how good I am at reading people."

"Yes, I know... and I didn't say I was going to pop the question, all I said was, I see a future for us."

She smiled, and pulled him to her, hugging him. "Dad sure seems to like her." she giggled.

"Speaking of dad, mom called, and said she's bringing him home. We're supposed to go over there tonight. She was persistent about bringing Victoria with, and that dad wanted to see her again." He pulled back, and laughed as he looked at her. "I've been trying to figure out if he's going to behave himself this time."

"One thing is for sure; he likes her which is a plus. He never did like Krista, so that's another bonus for you."

"I better get back to work, thanks for helping them out."

"No problem." she smiled.

He opened the door, and stopped her as she walked out. "See ya tonight?"

"I'll be there."

Victoria had been cramping for a few days, and never mentioned anything to Dalton on how she was feeling. She was standing, talking to Tiara at her desk, when strong sharp pains shot through her lower abdomen, causing her to kneel to the ground.

"Damn girl, are you all right?" Tiara asked worried, looking down at her, and placing her hand onto her shoulder.

She felt warm, and started sweating, feeling as if she were about to throw up. "I don't know... I've been getting these sharp pains for a few days now, and when they hit, they hit hard. Not only does it hurt my stomach, my lower back feels like it's about to break." she says, closing her eyes as she spoke.