chapter eighty - versión ( ; version)

nadas pov.

9:58 am

i was a block away from the hotel, when i noticed a crowd of fans in jerseys, waiting in line. i was carefully passing them, with my head to my feet. it was still pouring. i was suprised that the security even managed to keep the fans out of the hotel lobby. big men in black suits tried making room for some more friends and family, that had just arrived. sasha earlier told me julian and brahim still had two training session to go, so they were just half way through.soon i arrived at the main entrance. i walked up to the door, but eventually was stopped by one of the security men.

"no, no, no, ma'am. you can't go in there, unless you have an ID.", he told me and opened his hand.

i kinda rolled my eyes at him, opened my bag to search for my ID pass, so that i could enter the lobby, but, for some reason, i just couldn't find it. it all literally couldn't have turned out worse."sorry, i- might have left it in the room."

"we can not let you in. sorry, ma'am. we need you to step back.", he grabbed my shoulder and shoved me back.

"no. i- i do have an ID. i'm-" - i was about to say it - "i belong to family diaz."

"sorry, ma'am.", he answered and shoved me back once again.

i got sick of convincing him within a few seconds, and just decided to step back and wait. i don't know what i waited for, but i stood there and just didn't do anything. all of the sudden the crowd started screaming. i didn't even recognized the people that just passed the crowd of fans, but considering the fans' chanting, they seemed to be some kind of famous.

it started to pour even heavier than before. my jacket was soaked, brahims tshirt was too. i looked like i had just jumped into the isar. i stepped up to that tall man in his stupid suit again: "listen, please. i- can- i just want to-"

"every fan wants to, ma'am. i need you to step away."

i was furious. i never liked being unpolite, but i was just dissapointed, frustrated, soaking wet, cold, tired - everything at once. that security guy touched me again.

all of the sudden, one of the 'celebrities' stopped. i turned around to see him holding an ID, right into the securitys face. i noticed the ribbon on it. it was the same ribbon i put on mine. when i took my eyes off of the card, i looked up to the guy next to me again. i didn't even know him, but he gave me a slight nod and a nice, little smile. he then stepped aside and joined the other men that were send through the security check, to enter the lobby.

the security man in front of me passed me the ID and pointed towards the line. it was my ID, that the guy had shown him. i looked for the stranger again, that had handed it over to the security for me, but he literally vanished. all i saw was players with bomberjackets with a huge 'HNS' logo on it. it had the croatian flag on its side and said 'vatreni' right below it. i got up onto my tiptoes to scan the crowd of people for that guy again. all i remembered was his braces and his short brown hair. he pretty much looked like another version of brahim. a taller one, though.

(...)