chapter fiftythree - la confianza ( ; trust)

i was checking the time and suddenly noticed, how close the date of the finale was coming. three more days to go. all of the sudden i saw a message pop up out of nowhere.

"have you heard?" - boo<3, 8:31 pm

boo<3 sent a picture

and then, quicker than i could even click on sashas message, i saw another one coming up. it was just a number messaging me: "can i just please talk to you."

i definelty thought it was brahim. it had to be, cause no one else would be as straight up all of the sudden. i excused myself and told my boss i had to go outside cause i felt dizzy, and of course, he asked me to bring the trash out in one go. so thats what i did. and then i rang that number.

"hey, um..", it was a guys voice, but it wasn't brahim, "um. nada, have you heard anything of brahim."

his name just made me throw the trash bag right into the trash can. with a lot of anger and frustration. even though, we talked everything out.

"no.", i answered, and sighed, "sorry, who is there?"

"what was that?", the voice asked. the connection was weak.

"nothing.", i answered and nervously kicked the pebbles out of my way, "so what is it?"

"i'm julian. and i need you to tell me what brahim told you."

"what do you mean told me? we don't talk."

"what do you mean? he said you guys were okay."

i shrugged and hoped julian would just make the whole situation up for himself. i didn't want to explain anything, explain myself.

"listen to me nada, he wasn't at training and zizou said he won't be coming back to the training ground. i haven't heard anything from him."

"o.. okay.. when- when did zidane say that?"

"two hours ago? i'm not sure. but i can not get a hold of brahim. i tried talking to his sisters and even texted aymeric laporte cause i am scared that he got into an argument and got kicked out of the fucking team nada. i don't know what to do. i don't know what zidane meant with he won't be coming back, i don't know for how long. i'm fucking worried right now."

"have you been at his house?"

"i don't even have time for that. we are packing and we head out to germany tomorrow night. why isn't he fucking ANYWHERE?"

"hey, julian. calm- calm down okay? i don't know whats wrong. i really don't know where he is. maybe he will talk to me. i will try calling him- i'll just see what i can do. i will leave work now. i hope he is not just joking around. i'm leaving- i'm leaving now okay, i will just talk to you later okay? let me know if you hear anyhting."

my heart started beating like crazy. and all of the sudden i thought about everything being a joke. about it being a way of julian and sasha and brahim to just get me back to him. i was sick of this shit. i swore myself i would NOT let it cost my job. i was promising myself not to. but when my boss walked past, it just bursted out of me:
"i- i'm sorry sam. i really- feel really sick. is it okay if i-" my mind was literally begging me to not believe julian or any of them anymore, but at that point, i was too worried to do anything than going home and look after brahim,

"if i leave?"