chapter fourtyeight - ser real ( ; to be real)

"your new home?"

i nodded and opened the door and held it open for brahim, who was hestitantly walking in.

"do you want to drink anything?", i asked while not even looking at him.

"nah, i'm good.", he answered, looking around.

"kay.", i mumbled and opened the living room door. i think it was funny how we both acted like we both didn't know eachother.

maylo came running towards brahim to greet him, but he didn't even smile once, he just pet him and watched me going to the kitchen to get a glas of water.

"you can sit down in the living room if you want.", i told him and kept myself busy by putting away the last plates and glasses.

"i can't see anything."

i gotta admit, we both started chuckling like crazy, but both tried to hold it back as much as possible, cause this was serious.

"oh." , i said, while holding back my smirk, "sorry."

brahim waved it off and sat down on the couch. maylo jumped and sat down next to him , he kept wanting to lick his face.

"hey bud.", he said to maylo, but he still was facing me.

i leaned against the door frame, with the glas of water in my hand, eyeing brahim and the dog. we didn't say anything for solid 3 minutes.

"and how are you doing here?", he asked while cuddling with maylo.

"good. busy but good. how are you?"

"mh. stressed."

i nodded along. i knew what was going on but that was not why we were there.

"so, um-", i swallowed my water.

brahim interrupted me: "have i told you about modric?", he seemed like he has been wanting to speak up.

i shook my head. and i liked the way he played it off, the way he just wanted to talk about normal things, how he wanted to tell me something in his life and let me be part of what was going on in the team, how this had nothing to do with us. but

"they talk about you."

i frowned.

"me?", i asked and placed my glas of water on the counter behind the door.

"what?"

"no. why would they?", i said. he was acting really serious.

"well, let's just say they like talking about you."

"what are you talking about? who are they?"

"well you can tell me. we are here because YOU wanted to talk, i didn't."

i was standing there with my mouth open, i was suprised but at the same time very offended about how he was acting.

"you wanted to talk about modric, so talk about modric.", i said.

"don't you know it yourself, nada? come on.", he stood up.

"i don't know nothing?! what is it with modric?!"

"didn't know you were even in contact with him."

"i'm fucking not? what?!"

"sergio teases him all the time by using your name. you have to be talking then at least?"

"no i'm not talking to him."

"maybe he should be the one talking to you right now. how about you ask him next time?", brahim was so rude all of the sudden, i thought he was kidding. i was so so so so confused.

"brahim, i never talked to him, what are you even talking about?"

"look, the fact that you just left me hanging without saying a freaking word, without letting me know what i did wrong, what went wrong sucks itself, but the fact that you go and find the next one, that is part of my fucking team-"

"brahim, what the FUCK? what are you talking about?"

"you're acting like you don't know nothing, while this is all you wanted to happen. was that planned? or? like who are you playing with right now? that would be something i would like to know?"

"you think i'm a fucking slut that just wants to look for rich men, or what are you accusing me of right now?"

"all i want is you to tell me if that is the reason for you fucking things up the day at the stadium. like come on, for real, were you waiting for luka or what? were you avoiding me and my family in front of the camera so that luka wouldn't see? i don't get what your deal is right now, nada. stop the lies already."

i was shook about how he was talking to me and what he was telling me, most of all.

"i really don't know what you're talking right now, if you believe me or not. i don't give a fuck if you don't believe me but i have never talked to luka modric in my life."

brahim shrugged.
"what-?", i immitated his shrug, "what? i'm serious."

brahim shrugged again and got his jacket.

"well, did you came here to tell me that or to listen to me?"

"if you wanna hear the truth, this was the reason for me coming here."

"you know what? in the stadium i thought you told me to go back into the tunnel, so that i wouldn't disturb your interview, so that the press wouldn't see. i didn't know you wanted me to come. i would've come."

"yea right, nada.", he was already walking towards the door, maylo was following him.

"no, listen. that's what i thought. ask julian or sasha, that was what i thought. i would've come up to you."

"tell luka that, nada.", he was already standing in the corridor, while i was pushing myself off of the door frame.

"why did you show up at the bar then?"

"what?", he took a step back to see me properly.

"you knew i was working there. why did you show up. and why are you leaving now while you were wanting to talk to me at the bar?"

"because it takes time to realize things, nad. and by now, everything sort of makes sense. it makes sense that all of this was just so you can be closer to luka, wasn't it? funny how fucked up it is."

"no. no, no, no. sofia wanted luka, that's all."

"oh now you're blaming your friends? i can tell you one thing nada. be real to your friends. and stop just thinking about yourself like a fucking narcissist. it's disgusting.", then he closed the door shut behind his back, and i was just getting the dog, so that he wouldn't walk after him.