chapter sixtyfive - nur freunde ( ; just friends)

sashas pov

brandt.

brandt was, obviously, julians surname. but who in the world was the guy then? he didn't look like jasha or jannis, julians brothers that i already knew from his pictures and whose voices i heard through the phone once or twice already. that tall, brown haired guy was wearing the hood of his jacket as well as sunglasses - in an elevator at 5 am. he didn't look like jannis, jasha, or julian. he was literally dressed like he was afraid of paparazzis coming into the elevator when, in the end, it was just me, being confused about what floor the cafeteria was on. AND confused about who i was talking to, right then and there.

but still, the name tag said brandt.

i slowwwwly flipped over my name tag, which said sasha on the front side. that guy, miss brandt and i were silent. everyone was starring down to the ground. and while i looked down to my feet, i noticed how my tag also said brandt on the back. i flipped it over again, hysterically. i could hear the guy swallowing, then he took off his sunglasses. his face looked familiar. he had this really really boney face, bright teeth and hazel eyes. i took out my phone to look up julians instagram, to maybe recognizes someone with short, brown curly hair and a bright and nice smile like that guys.

kai havertz.

i met my fiances best friend. and i was awkward as fuck. i cringed and turned red and i put away my phone to stare at the ground, just so kai fucking havertz could not see me blushing.finally, that freaking door opened and we arrived at the fourth floor. body guards were standing in front of the cafeterias door, and we seemed to be the only ones, since there was not a line or anything. just the security, and a guy with some sort of guest book.

i knew this was coming. my stomach turned and my heart started to race, cause when kai and the woman left and stepped up to the guestbook guy, i knew that by then, they would find out about WHO MADE ME COME HERE.

"family of..?", the guestbook guy asked, but i think, kai and miss brandt didn't quite hear him.

"heike brandt", she said, and the guy, after searching for the name 'brandt', ticked her name. it really was julians mom. i started to feel sick and i kept rocking back and forth, because i was THAT nervous.

"havertz, kai.", kai said, and that guy ticked his name right below heikes. also below 'brandt'.then, that guy in a suit looked up to me and already flipped the page: "you belong to them, or..?"

i nodded, and looked down, cause i saw, kai and julians mom were still standing next to me. "sasha.", i said, and kai literally watched the man scan down the name below 'brandt', and then ticking mine.

he held his hand in front of his mouth in shock and well, i figure, he was just as overwhelmed as i was, now that THAT was the way of meeting his family and friends for the first time. he kept quiet about it in front of jules mom at first, i don't think she got what just happend, since she was looking for the perfect table to sit at.

i was trying to figure out whether to get a table on my own or to sit with them, since well, we were somehow familiar. connected? i don't know what to call it, since julian was not my boyfriend. just, 

a friend.