Furs

*One point during Hiccup and Astrid's betrothal*

(This is one is longer! I couldn't stop writing this moment
-k.r.)

Hiccup POV

Berk.
It rains most of the year.
Days like this usually meant no dragon attacks, but that's not an issue anymore.

Well, it hasn't been for a few years now. But the rainy days are not ideal for most dragons and they like to remain inside.

Today in particular was stormy and unforgiving to the people in the village. The pathways were muddy and slippery, so no one was out and about.

The clasp of thunder shuttered my empty house and the flash of lighting made Toothless' ears poke straight up in alertness.

"It's alright bud. Just a storm", I say stirring a pot full of yak stew.

Dad was out on a trip to Outcast island for a meeting and left me in charge; with the guidance of Gobber of course. The few nights we get like this are peaceful with just Toothless and I. And occasionally...

*Knock-knock*

Toothless darted his head towards the front door.

"I got it", I say as I pull myself up from my place at the kitchen table, working on Toothless' tail.

I open the front door and there stood my Valkyrie herself, Astrid Hofferson. I still mentally call her by her last name because I have to pinch myself that this lady is mine. A very... drenched Valkyrie that is...

"Hi..hi..Hiccup can I come in?", she's shivering.

"Of course! But... why are you so cold? You never...", I try to speak but she cuts me off.

"St...St...Stormfly got spooked by the storm and I fell off", she's violently shaking.

"Here, here my love. Come by the fire", I usher her by the giant roaring flame. I grab a fur off the back of the couch and wrap it around her. I sit still holding my girlfriend and rub her arms gently.

Toothless coos as he looks upon her with concerned eyes. I am too as I am wondering how long she's been without her dragon.

Several minutes go by and she's somewhat calmed down but still horribly shaking.

"Uh... erm... Astrid", I say looking into her blue eyes.

"Hm?"

"I... I think you need to get... out of those clothes", I awkwardly smile.

She gives a slightly humorous but exasperated look.

"Because you're just sitting in sopping wet clothes and you won't dry off that way", I say and she purses her lips in agreement.

"Come on", I grab her hand and lead her up the steps. She kicks her boots and socks off before climbing the stairs and her poor little bare feet are leaving wet footprints.

I shuffle through my drawers and find my old green tunic and a pair of unused cotton pants I had gotten for Snoggletog last year.

"Here, put these on and bring your clothes by the fire to dry. I'll be downstairs", I kiss her cheek before leaving my bedroom and closing the door behind me.

I exhale as I step down the steep steps and.. SLIP DOWN ABOUT HALF WAY.

"Oooohhh", I land on my back.

"Hiccup?! You okay?!", the door creaks open. I look up to see an undressed Astrid with the fur around her body.

"Uh. I.. yeah. All good", I say as I try to get up, now stumbling at what my eyes just witnessed.