Horrendous Haddock & a Terrible Terror

*Off the territory of Berk somewhere*

Astrid POV:

Hiccup and I were on a little outing with our dragons to get away from the everyday chaos that was our incredible reality.

We often sneak away just he and I with Toothless and Stormfly to get some time to be alone.

The warm summer air was eased as the breeze cooled us off in mid-air. Our dragons were flying side-by-side as Hiccup gave me a loving stare.

"What did you tell Stoick this time?", I giggle, ready to hear Hiccup's new excuse for him to run off with me all day.

"Well I didn't actually lie to him", Hiccup says and I cock my head confused in his direction.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I thought maybe we could map out some of the islands around us", he dorkily smiles.

He has his pocket on his leather armor full of blank pages. I can't help but laugh at my betrothed as he closes the leather latch.

"What?", he defensively throws his arms up as he always does.

"Nothing! I just love how adventurous and honest you are", I give him a humorous glare.

"Uh hu. Yeah", he rolls his eyes.

"Oh! Down there!", he points and Toothless dives before I realize what is going on.

"After him girl!", I tell my Deadly Nadder as we chase after the night fury.

Soon, a small island full of green grass and waterfalls spreads across my vision.

I breathe in the beauty as I go to land by Hiccup. He unlocks his metal foot and jumps off his saddle. He quickly comes over and grabs my waist to help me off Stormfly.

"Hiccup, I can jump off my dragon", I half laugh.

"I know. I just like to aid you, Milady", he gives me a goofy smile and I can't help but kiss those tempting lips. I don't know what it is about this boy, but I can't get enough of him.

We pull away, much to my disappointment and he goes back over to his saddle and pulls out a little basket.

"I packed us a picnic before we get started", he comes back over and pulls a hide of bear fur out of the bag as well.

I help lay out the blanket and he opens the lunch.

"Oh good. I was starting to think that these little getaways were starting to become business oriented", I sass him. But completely kidding.

"Oh never, Astrid. But you know how much you love to help me with stuff like this", he smiles.

"No one else I'd rather follow", I added as I kissed his cheek.

I cut the bread and Hiccup has Toothless warm up the yak-chops.

We finally are able to enjoy our little picnic as the sun shown brightly on our spot. The smell of the seasoned meat made my mouth water as I go to grab one of the bones.

I begin to chew at the delicious and tender meal; I must have been starving because I ate the first one really fast.

Suddenly I am disrupted from my enjoyment as a panicked Haddock jumps from the fur in a fury.

"GAHH GET OFF! THIS ISN'T FOR YOU!", he is trying to shake a small Terrible Terror that has latched itself onto his arm.

I almost spit out my food I'm laughing so hard.

"Hiccup! Just give him the yak!", I shout.

"I would! But now he's attached to my arm!", Hiccup is now battling it out with this wild terror as Toothless, Stormfly and I are laughing.

Finally, a plasma blast is shot near Hiccup's feet and it startles the poor little dragon.

"Ahhh!", he is holding his arm in great pain and I have to quit my laughter in order to seriously look at this wound a tiny terror caused.

"Why are you laughing?!", he asks me and I am tickled again at the whole ordeal.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock, you defeated a Red Death and almost lost your life, but Odin forbid you get attacked by a savage Terrible Terror", I giggle again.

He now has an exasperated expression as he nears my spot on the fur blanket.

Before I know it, I am tackled to the ground. Hiccup begins harshly tickling me and I think my diaphragm is about to burst I am laughing so intensely. My survival side kicks in and I grab his wrist upon sitting straight up.

I practically flip him over and he groans deeply in pain.

"Ah! Astrid that's my bad arm!", he holds it.

Oh gods Hiccup don't be a baby when we play-wrestle...

He sits up and removes the leather straps, revealing his red tunic that was cut up and stained a brighter red from his blood.

"Oh my gods", I say slowly leaning over to see the perfect shape of a Terror jaw rounding his small, pale arm. The freckles on his skin couldn't even be seen his skin was so red and inflamed.

"It's alright, Astrid...", he tries shake it off, but I stop him with a cloth napkin I poured water over.

"Ah! That stings", he hisses.

"Hold still, Haddock", I ignore his complaining.

Once it's mostly wiped clean, I take another cloth and tie it as best as I can into a little wrap.

When I finally look back up into his green eyes, he's smiling from ear to ear.

"What?", I giggle.

He pecks me on the lips swiftly, "I just adore you. Thank you"

I kiss him again as I giggle at the dork of a Horrendous Haddock losing a battle with a Terrible Terror.