Armor

*6 Months After the defeat of Drago*

Hiccup POV:

"Hiccup where the gods are you taking me?!", Astrid giggles as I push her poor blindfolded self through the trees. I didn't have our dragons take us because they were already over there waiting on us. It was all part of the plan and quite frankly, all this hiking is throwing her off. Just like I wanted.

"Just hold on, you'll see", I continue to nudge my betrothed on.

After about 15 minutes of her almost running into trees and her nearly socking me several times, we finally reached a little cove.

I had built a small shack where I could get away to draw and build things to my heart's content. It was located on the far side of Berk that not too many Vikings visited. As chieftain I am supposed to be aware of all of my domain, but I also had to make sure that I could reserve time to be my inventive self.

"Okay, ready Milady?", I ask and she groans to say yes.

I removed the cloth from her eyes and the white in them can be clearly seen, she was so surprised.

"Oh Hiccup this is beautiful! Wait... isn't this the cove you and I used to run off to before we lived on the edge?", she holds her hands to her cheesing teeth.

"Mhm! Thought it would be a nice surprise after so long", I smile at my Astrid.

She jumps up and wraps her arms around my neck. I kiss that favorite spot of mine on her jawline under her ear; so soft.

"What's that?", she snaps me out of my trance of her wonderful being that filled my senses.

"Oh. That's my little Hideaway Workshop", I say as she cocks her head at me.

"So you've been back here since we've returned home?", she says with disappointment in her tone.

"Yes... but it's just been my little escape from everything... and..."

"Your escape? Hiccup... are you okay?"

"Yes my love, I just...", but I stop.

She looks horribly saddened at the sound of my words.

"What?"

"It's just... I don't know. I thought that this place was something you and I always would share. Our escape", she looks at me with lamb's eyes. This is a side of Astrid I don't see too often. She's been my strength since the death of my father and I am no longer used to a sensitive warrior.

"Yes Astrid but..."

"Am I not an escape for you? Did I do something wrong?", she asks with piercing blue eyes.

"No! Absolutely not! There's something I have to show you!", I say holding her shoulders. Her long blonde hair now hung loosely down her back. I am quite fond of this new style that she has tried; it's a testament to how much she has softened over the years.

Just then I hear Stormfly's squawk in the distance.

"Stormfly?", Astrid looks up at her gliding Nadder ahead.

I smirk wildly upon the surprise of her dragon; and this is only the beginning.

"Hiccup, What are you up to?", she squints her eyes.

"Come with me", I hold out my hand and she grabs it firmly.

I take her to the door of my little workshop and I push it open, revealing a wonderfully designed suit of armor, if I do say so myself.