Rotten To The Core

CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

"If you guys never would have brought him here, this never would have happened," Mal says after being filled in. "What were you thinking?!"

"He was gonna come with or without us. We just wanted to protect him," Evie explains.

"Yeah, and we completely blew it, guys," Carlos says.

"Okay! Okay. So, what are we gonna do?" Jay asks trying to get everyone to work together so he could get Addy back.

"'We' are not doing anything. This is between Uma  and me," Mal tells them. "And she's a punk. And guess what? Now I have to go get them."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mal. You're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats," Carlos says.

"Yeah, you're gonna need us," Jay states in agreement.

"Uma said to come alone," Mal says as she grabs her bag.

"Mal, come on," Evie tries.

"She said to come alone," Carlos says. "I know one thing. I'm not going anywhere."

"We'll be here when you get back," Jay says even though he didn't want to.

Mal returns and tells them the deal with Uma.

"There's no way we're gonna give Uma the wand. We can't just let her destroy Auradon," Evie says as Mal paces around.

"Uma doesn't get the wand, then Addy and Ben is toast, guys," Jay says.

"Right, so, we're gonna give Uma, of all people, the wand," Evie says before she, Carlos, and Jay start arguing.

"Wait! You guys!" Mal says getting their attention. "Your 3D printer."

"A phony wand?" Carlos says with a smile.

"Yes!" Mal cheers.

"In my sleep," Carlos agrees.

"And the second Uma tests it, she'll know it's fake," Evie says with doubt.

"Well, okay, so then we just get Ben out really fast. We need some kind of diversion," Mal plans.

"Smoke bombs!" Jay says.

"That's perfect. I'll get the chemicals I need from Lady Tremaine's place. That could work," Evie says finally on board as she walks over to Mal. "Oh, and sick hair, by the way. Evil Stepmom seriously stepped up her game."

"Okay, do you want to know something?" Mal asks as she plays with her hair. "Dizzy did this and Addy's."

"Little Dizzy? Shut up!" Evie says excitedly.

"I know. I'm, like, loving it. It's, like, a lot lighter," Mal explains.

"Really proud of her," Evie says.

"Hello?" Carlos calls as Jay clears his throat.

"Right. Carlos, Jay, you guys meet us at Pirates Bay no later than noon. And, you guys, losing... not an option," Mal explains. "Cause we're rotten..."

"To the core," Everyone finishes.

"Let's do this," Evie says before they all leave.

"Hi. Oh, I'm sorry I'm so late, Dude. Ben and Addy got captured," Carlos says as he picks Dude up on the way to his room.

"Don't. Why is our door open?" Jay says as he looks ahead.

"You've got to be kidding me," Carlos says as they look into the room to find Chad using the 3D printer.

"I knocked," Chad says as if that would make it okay. Carlos sets Dude down before holding his hand out to Chad. With a frown, Chad places the key into Carlos' hand.

"What is that?" Jay asks as he looks at what Chad has been making.

"Oh. That's a little Chad action figure," Chad answers as he takes it out of the printer. "Zoom! Well, minus the head."

"Sounds like an improvement," Carlos retorts. "Excuse me. All right. Here we go." Carlos walks around Chad before pulling up the configurations for the wand on his phone.

"Why are you guys making Fairy Godmother's wand?" Chad asks as he looks over Carlos' and Jay's shoulders.

"Uh, why are we making Fairy Godmother's wand?" Carlos asks Jay as they look at each other in panic.

"Because, uh..." Jay tries.

"Ben and Addy's been captured!" Dude calls out.

"What?! Dude can talk?" Chad asks.

"I was stalling," Carlos yells Dude.

"I thought you forgot," Dude says.

"Don't tell anyone!" Jay says as he hits Chad's shoulder. "Addy's and Ben's life depends on it."

"Really? So, if something were to happen, you know what I'm saying..." Chad starts.

"Something bad, we get it," Carlos tells him.

"God forbid. But if something were to happen, who do you think would be in line to be king?" Chad asks as he holds his action figure up beside his head.

"Is it me, or is that in really poor taste?" Carlos asks as Jay moves to stand beside the door.

"I'm taking this," Chad says as he holds up the action figure. "And if you think I..." Jay closes the door in Chad's face.

"Thank you, Jay," Carlos says before turning back to his phone.

Addy and Ben are tied to the mast of Uma's ship as Addy tries to free herself of the ropes.

"Addy, I'm so sorry about the way I have been acting," Ben says as he hangs his head. "I guess I forgot the you have a life of your own to live."

"You think?" Addy asks with an eye roll. "Ben, I was meant to be your advisor not your personal slave. I understand that our roles requires us less time to be friends but you weren't treating me as a friend at all."

"I know and Addy, I'm so so sorry. I promise that things will change if we make it out of this," Ben explains.

"Ben, I don't think I'm coming back. These are our people too and they need someone here to speak for them," Addy tells him.