If Only

CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

The next day Addy found Jay and asked him on a date. Jay agreed after she had given him her best puppy dog eyes. Addy went and got ready before going to get Jay. Addy knocked on the door as she held two helmets in her hands. Addy gasped at how handsome he looked when he opened the door.

"For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful," Jay says causing Addy to smile and giggle.

"I hope you like bikes," Addy says as she holds out a helmet to him. Jay holds onto Addy as she takes them wherever they are going. They leave the bike behind before walking through the forest and onto a long rope bridge.

"Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone," Addy says as she sways from side to side in front of Jay.

"Um... My middle name is Cobra," Jay tells her.

"Cobra?" Addy asks to see if he was serious, seeing how the names don't really fit together.

"Yeah. Cobra. Just my dad doing what he does best. Being really, really evil. Jay Cobra," Jay explains with a laugh.

"Mine's Ella," Addy tells him causing him to chuckle.

"Ella?" Jay asks and she nods. "How princessly. Oh, that's almost worse."

"I mean, you know, It's better than Cobra," Addy teases causing Jay to laugh. Addy then takes Jay to where she had set up a picnic. Jay ate a donut first causing Addy to smile. "Is this your first time?"

"Mm..." Jay says as he licks his fingers. "We don't really date much on the island. It's more like... Gang activity." Addy lets out a giggle causing Jay to smile.

"Um, I meant, is this your first time eating a jelly donut?" Addy clarifies.

"Is it bad?" Jay asks.

"You got a..." Addy says as he starts to wipe off his lips with her thumb. "Just a...I mean, yeah, do this." She has Jay lick his lips.

"Gone?" Jay asks and she nods. "You can't take me anywhere, I guess." They laugh before Addy turns a little serious.

"You know, I've done all the talking. Your turn. I really don't know that much about you. Tell me something," Addy says causing Jay to slightly frown since he didn't know what to say.

"Well, I'm 16. I'm an only child. And I've only ever lived in one place," Jay tells her.

"Me, too. I have a brother but we have so much in common already," Addy says causing Jay to laugh.

"No. Trust me, we do not," Jay says. "And now you're gonna be royal advisor."

"Yeah," Addy says before looking down.

"What?" Jay asks her concerned.

"Having a royal status doesn't make you a royal advisor," Addy tells him.

"Well, it kind of does," Jay says causing Addy to smile.

"No, it... Your father is a thief and was an evil genie and I've got the poster parents for goodness. But we're not automatically like them. We get to choose who we're gonna be," Addy explains causing Jay to frown slightly as she brings the conflicting feelings back to his mind. "And right now, I can look into your eyes and I can tell you're not evil. I can see it." Jay looks at her slightly shocked and she smiles. "Let's go for a swim."

"Hm? What? Uh..." Jay panics because he doesn't know how to swim. "Right now?"

"Yeah, right now," Addy answers as she starts unzipping her dress.

"I think I'm just gonna stay here," Jay says as he looks at the food.

"No, no, no. Come on," Addy says as she holds her hand out to him.

"I think I'm gonna stay behind and try a strawberry. I've literally never tried a strawberry before," Jay says before he takes a bite. "Mm! Mm..."

"Don't eat all of them," Addy says with a giggle.

"Okay," Jay says as he grabs another. "Ooh! Mm." Jay gets up when he sees Addy over on a cliff. "Are those little slippers on your suit?"

"Maybe," Addy says causing Jay to chuckle. "Bibbidi bobbidi! Whoo! Ha-ha!" Addy jumps into the water causing Jay to laugh.

"A million thoughts in my head

Should I let my heart keep listenin'?

'Cause up till now I've walked the line

Nothin' lost but somethin' missin'

I can't decide what's wrong, what's right

which way should I go?

If only I knew what my heart was telling me

Don't know what I'm feeling

Is this just a dream?

Uh-Oh, yeah

If only I could read the signs in front of me

I could find the way to who I'm meant to be

uh-Oh

If only

Yeah

Am I crazy?

Maybe we could Happen

Yeah, will you still be with me

When the magic's All run out?

If only I knew what my heart was telling me

don't know what I'm feeling is this just a dream?

Uh-Oh

If only

Yeah, If only

Yeah, If only

Yeah, If only

If only." Jay sings as he fights with all of the conflicting feelings he has. Jay sits by the edge of the water before taking his shoes off and letting his feet touch the water. "Addy? Addy?" Jay stands up as he looks for Addy. "Addy!" Jay jumps into the water to start looking for her. Jay gets too far out and starts to panic before he feels arms wrap around him and pull him back to the shallow water.

"You scared me!" Jay says as he stands up and pushes Addy's shoulder.

"You... you can't swim?" Addy asks him confused.

"No!" Jay tells her.

"You live on an island!" Addy says as if that justifies everything.

"Yeah, with a barrier around it, remember?" Jay tells her.

"And you still tried to save me," Addy says amazed. The spell had washed off and she knew she couldn't be upset with him after he had tried to save her.

"Yeah. And do you thank me? No! All I get is soaking wet!" Jay says as he ties up his hair.

"And, uh, this fancy rock. It's yours," Addy says as she hands him a shining rock. "Make a wish and throw it back in the lake." Jay throws it back into the lake before walking away from Addy. Addy chases after him before putting a towel around his shoulders. Jay sits down as Addy dries off before joining him. Addy starts to play with Jay's hand causing him to look at her.

"Uh, Jay... I told you that I loved you," Addy says as she shivers. "What about you? Do you love me?" Jay looks away from Addy knowing he couldn't give her the answer she wanted.

"I don't know what love feels like," Jay says with a sigh. Addy uses her hand to turn Jay's face back to her causing him to look at her slightly shocked as she gives him a small smile.

"Maybe I can teach you," Addy says causing Jay to slightly smile.