A Rather Surprising Discovery

A/N: This one is pure adorable fluff, I swear. I don't torture either one of them in this one. Just some bantering, playful teasing, Will being a very endearing little idiot, and Jem surprising Will with little things he knows. Totally E for everyone XD (except for possibly an innuendo or two :3) Enjoy!

Will swore loudly as they walked away from the dissolving demon, causing Jem to whip around.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" he asked, stepping back so he was once again beside Will.

Will waved his concerns off. "No, I barely got scratched. You?" It was true- he'd managed to evade almost all injury except for a thin scratch where his shirt had torn.

Jem shook his head. "Very minor, on the shoulder."

Will unceremoniously grabbed Jem's wrist and pulled them both to a halt. "Let me see."

Jem sighed and drew the neck of his shirt aside so Will could see a nasty red scratch tracing from his collarbone over the curve of his slender shoulder to his upper arm. Will gave a low sympathetic whistle and drew his stele.

"Ouch. When did that happen?"

"After I threw my dagger in its eye. It lunged at me and I was not quite fast enough," Jem said, wincing slightly when the stele began to trace a healing rune on his skin.

"Ah. Well, sorry about that, but that's the only reason I could finally kill the bloody brute was because you had its attention," Will said, pocketing his stele once more.

Jem shrugged. "Part of the job."

Will looked down at his shirt bitterly. "There's one part of the job I particularly dislike today."

Jem raised an eyebrow. "Oh? What's that? And what were you swearing about earlier?"

"The demon tore my shirt," Will said waspishly, earning him a long look from Jem. He held out his shirt for Jem to see- a tear about a finger's width wide and running down the left sleeve to the elbow.

"Tore your shirt," Jem replied flatly, fighting back a smile.

"Yes!" Will exclaimed, giving Jem a childish pouting face.

"That's hardly a reason to swear," Jem said mildly. Will merely grinned.

"Ah, but it was. That was my favorite shirt."

Jem laughed quietly and swiftly kissed Will on the cheek, taking his hand. "How unfortunate for you."

"Was that sarcasm, James?"

"Yes, it absolutely was."

Will placed his free hand over his heart in mock despair. "I never thought I'd live to see the day when you, my darling Jem, would use sarcasm when addressing me! Your beloved!"

Jem laughed again, his smile breaking his formerly serious expression like sunshine peering through London's dreary skies. "I meant it in the most affectionate way possible."

"No you didn't."

"You're right, I didn't," Jem teased. Will grinned and removed his hand from Jem's, instead wrapping his arm around the boy's slender waist.

"Now, now, James. Watch yourself or you may earn yourself a punishment," Will warned, pulling Jem against his side.

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Do not test me, James Carstairs."

Jem jumped slightly as Will teasingly stroked a finger against his hip. "Hands to yourself, Herondale."