Teasing

A/N: I was gone for so long asdfghjkl. My apologies. I was (still am) sick and coughing all over the place, and then school got super busy. But... I am back! Thanks for all the feedback and comments, they make my day! Enjoy!

James Carstairs, Will had decided, was an absolute tease. It was simply unfair, sitting next to him at breakfast and trying to ignore those looks. Jem and those wide silvery eyes would be the death of him, he guaranteed it. Will doubted Jem even knew what he was doing- his parabatai was endearingly innocent in all things regarding love, particularly the physical aspects. Will had been the first person he'd ever even held hands with.

Will was quite a bit more experienced, though most of that was caused by too much alcohol and too many lonely nights in the bad part of London.

He didn't feel experienced at the moment, however. He felt like some lovestruck teenage girl, staring at Jem and feeling his desire rise. He hadn't seen him since yesterday afternoon, as Will had been dragged off on some mission Jem was not quite well enough for, and hadn't kissed him since before even that. Will had gone to his own room upon his return, not wanting to wake Jem, but now...

'If we weren't in the dining room with everyone else here...' Will thought, fighting back a blush at the direction of his own thoughts.

"Will, did you hear a single word anyone has said in the past five minutes?" Charlotte's irritated voice snapped Will out of his daze.

"No," he answered truthfully. "What's happening?"

Beside him, Jem grinned. "You and Henry are kindred spirits," he said, nodding his head towards the red-headed man, who hadn't even glanced up from his paper at the mention of his name.

Charlotte threw her hands up in exasperation. "Jem, please tell me at least you were listening to me," she huffed, thoroughly frustrated.

Jem gave her a sweet smile. "Of course, Charlotte."

"Good. Will, I suppose you'll have to piece it together as we go. Come on, both of you."

Will and Jem both stood, Jem's hand brushing his own as they walked into the hall. Will felt every nerve in his hand stand on end at even this smallest brush of contact.

"So, what's Charlotte going on about?"

"You'll figure it out," Jem said, eyes dancing with amusement. Then, as quickly as could be, Jem stood on his toes and kissed Will's cheek before walking after Charlotte.

Will, who'd stopped dead in his tracks with a hand pressed to his cheek, stared after Jem, enjoying his view. Will whistled lowly and saw the tips of Jem's ears flush pink with mild embarrassment.

Halfway down the hall, Jem turned partially, beckoning to Will to come with him. The spark in his eyes, the nerves in Will's hand and face still singing, the little beckoning gesture, Will's mounting desire... it was all too much. He was going to have to steal Jem away very, very soon.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As it turns out, Will didn't get his chance to steal Jem away someplace private. Charlotte gave them each a stack of dusty old documents to sort through, looking for anything that might be relevant to the current investigation.

Bored out of his mind, Will let his head drop to the tabletop and groaned.

"Jeeeeem," he complained, drawing out the name until Jem finally looked up.

"Yes, William?"

'He knows I love it when he says my name like that. He's doing this on purpose,' Will thought, forcing himself not to pin him against the wall then and there.