New Beginnings of Happy Endings (Prompt 15)

A/N: (I promise there is an update here, but there are some business matters and other things I need to take care of in an author's note first. Please read the whole thing. I'll try to be concise.)

Hello everyone! How are you? Are you well? I hope your summer is wonderful and that wherever you are is not quite as hot as the Los Angeles area, because I'm dying over here. It's a 108 degrees out today! So, first order of business: Don't forget about this month's contest!! The theme is Disney, and they can be one-shots or drawings or something else if you've got an idea for something else.

Second thing: I have a proper prize system figured out now! If you win, you can choose between either a one-shot with a plot and setting of your choosing dedicated to you (I can't promise when it will be finished, just that it eventually will be), or a small piece of TID fandom merchandise shipped to you if you're comfortable giving me your address. (Also, if I know you in real life, I'll take you to the movies or bake cupcakes or something, but that's a total of about two of you, I think.)

Third and final thing: We hit another milestone! 18K total reads and 1K total votes! It hasn't even been my two year anniversary with this collection yet, and we're already here. It's amazing. Thanks for all the love and support. Your comments remind me that I have a large and enthusiastic number of people who want me to get out of bed today because they're excited for what comes next on our journey. It's incredibly motivating. Thank you for all of that!

(I failed at being concise. Sorry. I get excited talking to you guys because I love you a lot.)

Alright, I'm done monologuing at you. Enjoy! Vote, comment, you know the drill! 💙🌻

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

If Will didn't get his hands on the sequel to this book in the next two days, he was convinced he was going to go crazy. What kind of monster ended a book on a cliffhanger like that?

Mind still reeling, he looked at the base of the wall where the book had landed. "I'm sorry," he said, crossing the room and picking the book up. "It's not your fault your author is a sadist." He carefully slid the book back onto one of the many shelves around his apartment and grabbed his wallet and keys.

He was going on an adventure to find the sequel, and he was determined.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Will was sure he'd visited almost every bookstore in London, and his prize was nowhere to be found. Sighing, he had resigned himself to a few more days in suspense when a tiny shopfront down a narrow street caught his eye.

Walking down the street, he grinned when he saw the small, chalkboard sign by the door that read "Cellar Door Books- Welcome!" in neat script. Pushing the door open, he looked around curiously. It wasn't often he found a bookshop he'd never been in before.

The shelves were wall to wall and floor to ceiling, surrounding the shop with books. The only places not lined with shelves were the wide windows, letting sunlight brighten the small space. In front of the windows were two squat armchairs, well-loved but very comfortable looking. Shorter shelves wove through the interior, leaving just enough space to walk along the wood floors and peruse the books. There was no one else in the shop, save for one man about Will's age sitting crosslegged on a stool behind the ancient-looking register, playing a violin.

The soft, clear music in the background and the warmth of the sunlight gave the store an almost dream-like quality. Will paused for a moment, looking at the peaceful beauty of the undisturbed shop and drinking it in before hesitantly clearing his throat.