I Broke Her

Chapter 26

Josh's P.O.V

"I don't get how he could possibly do this." George says sitting. "He is a devil. How could he do such thing to his daughter?" Zack says standing on the wall. "We can't do anything about it." I tell them frustrated remembering the day he killed my father.

It was finally summer and the first time my dad ever comes home early. I was laying on bed in my room doing absolutely nothing but listening to my parents arguing and that's when I heard a knock on the door and my mom started crying. I've always known what my dad used to work but never accepted it. I left the room and my mom screamed telling me to stay in my room. I didn't listen to her and she took me by grabbing my arm and closing the door of my room behind us. We heard a gunshot and I knew what it was but I hoped I was wrong. I fought my mother's hard grip and went out to see what it was and there, I saw my dad laying on the ground bleeding and next to him a man holding his gun. I memorized his face; every single detail and promised to get my revenge.

Right now all the "detectives" that are questioning her even the "therapist" are all sent by her father just to know who did this. I'm sure he knows it has something to do with this, not just for money as what George told her to say. We perfectly got rid of all the real detectives and made sure they wouldn't question her only just so that her father brings fake ones to do this.

"How long has it been like this?" Austin asks interrupting me from my thoughts. "Three days." George mumbles. I leave our apartment without saying a word and get in my car driving to her house. And another night is spent in my car in front of her house.

...

Two weeks passed; two weeks without seeing her. I missed her so much that it even became a habit. I still go to school every day hoping I would see her. "You should have seen it." Austin says proudly about the goal he scored interrupting me from my thoughts.

But then I see her... I don't know if it's real or not or if anyone is staring at me or even talking to me, I keep my eyes on her. She looks so damn perfect and innocent and the way the black color looks on her reminds me of what I dragged her into.

And after a few seconds she looks away and passes us by. I don't take my eyes of her; I miss her. "She is here." George says after she passes. "I know." I tell him controlling my anger and sadness of what I've turned her into.

I broke her, I broke her without being hers. What have I done? "Come on, we need to go." Zack says patting me on the back. We all start walking to the meeting room once the hallways are empty and start our meeting.

We have meetings almost every week. Since Austin is the one who misses school the most to get the latest details from our boss. He is our leader; he tells us what's new every week through these meetings.

He isn't literally "our boss" he doesn't control any of us. He is just the one who got us together. He was my father's best friend. He helped me when my father died, helped me when my mother lost it. And when I grew up I joined him seeking for revenge.

"Josh?" Zack calls bringing me back to earth. "Yeah?" I answer him questioning what they just said. "I hope you were plotting for your revenge." Austin remarks with a smirk on his face. "No one is fucking touching him until I say so." I say angrily still sitting. "Why did you hide it? Is it because you don't want to hurt him? He is our enemy." Austin reminds me. "Don't let me regret that I've told you." I say while everyone else is just watching.

"You can't give up on everything just for a girl. He wants you dead as much as you wanted him dead. Remember that, Josh." He says and it's true he knows who I am somehow, he knows I want revenge. I was surprised why he came back here while he knows I am seeking to kill him. He has been running ever since he killed my father. "I won't tell the others that we found him, you found him. But be careful." He says looking at me and I just nod without saying anything to him feeling relieved.