Next To Her

Chapter 39

Josh's P.O.V

We reach our apartment after what seemed like the longest ride and I find Austin and Zack are already there. "We need to talk about it. All of us are in this together." Austin calmly says standing.

"This is nothing like our missions. There is no plan B in it and there is no failing and trying again. I have no choice other than protecting her and I don't want to think about anything else instead." I tell him and now the four of us are standing in the living room.

"Like I said we are all in this together. If that's your decision we are in it too." Austin says and for once as our leader he makes sense.

"But if anything deeply bad happens we will change the plan." He says and I nod in agreement hoping nothing will happen.

...

I check my phone to see the time and it reveals 2:00 am. I have been trying to sleep for almost two hours and fail like always; therefore, I do the usual. I put on my clothes, take my car keys and leave the apartment. I start my car and drive in the empty streets to her house as usual.

There is nothing new about this. I barely sleep knowing she's away from me and something might happen to her any second. And each and every time it takes everything in me not to climb up and check up on her or to see her.

But this time I won't fight it. I climb up to her balcony which is almost open as usual and get in. There's nothing lightning up her room but the street's lights reminding me of the last time I came here.

She's sleeping innocently on the right side of the bed looking so fucking perfect. For some reason relief fills in seeing her asleep so I just turn to leave her room.

"Josh." I hear her calling my name before I leave and turn to see her awake. Her eyes are glowing in the dark and her cheeks are rosy. "Hey." I say smiling and watch her getting out of bed. "I didn't mean to wake you, you should sleep." I say brushing her cheek with my thumb.

"Is everything okay?" She asks with worried eyes getting closer to me. "Yes, I just wanted to make sure you're okay." I gently answer her.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." I tell her placing her hair behind her ear and she looks down on the ground away from me.

"You didn't." She shakes her head looking at me again. "Were you crying?" I gently ask her once I notice her red eyes but she doesn't answer me instead she looks away.

"Talk to me. What's wrong?" I ask lifting her chin up forcing her to look at me. "I don't want to be away from you." She softly says with teary eyes looking me in the eye.

"I don't want that either." I softly whisper putting her hands in mine. "Just let me be there for you, no matter what okay?" I tell her and she gently nods.

"Even when you feel like crying for no fucking reason just call me, no matter what time it is." I continue hoping she'd listen to me for once.

There is nothing more I want in this life than to love this girl and be there for her. Ease the pain that I've caused her and make her happy.

"Josh." She calls innocently looking at me. "Yes?" I answer her. "Can you stay for the night? Just lay down with me... you know just like when you came to the hospital." She softly says.

"Sure." I say smiling and lay in bed next to her and watch her as she falls asleep as I'm holding her.

O