The Last Goodbye

Chapter 50

Songs:

-Belong by Cary Brothers

-A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope

Josh's P.O.V

"Hey man. If you need anything call me." Zack says through the phone. "Yeah, okay. Thanks." I say walking out of the room so that I wouldn't annoy her.

"When was the last time you've slept?" He asks me and I ignore his question. She has been here for two days and I haven't slept since. "I'm not tired." I tell him and see her dad walking back and forth in the corridors.

"Look, I have to go. I'll call you if I need anything." I say before hanging up and walk to him.

I haven't seen him since the last time we have talked which surprises me. "What brought you here now?" I coldly ask him and he stops to look at me." I had to go to hear their next plan." He tells me and my heart drops. "What they could possibly do worse to her?" I ask him raising my voice which makes him look around to check that no one heard us.

"That was just a threat, they have much worse." He says looking at the ground." Therefore, I told them that she is my daughter." He says and I can feel my hands shaking now.

"They didn't take it well of course. Therefore, they gave me two weeks until she gets well and I'm taking her out of here." He tells me and I want to fight him, to scream at him and to tell him that he has no right to take her away from me.

But that's the only choice that's left. I can call Zack now and he can make sure that this is true but if it is I'm not going to stop him or to stand in their way.

"I want to see her when she wakes up." I tell him and he nods in agreement. "I'm sorry it had to be this way, Josh. I know you loved her." He says giving me a small smile before he passes me by walking away.

She will probably hate me now; this time I'm letting her go and nothing that any of us could say or do will change that.

I can't fall out of love and I never want to. But it is what it is, she will always have my heart and she will always be a piece of me but I can't let her stay in my life anymore. I can't let her fight my demons.

I go back in the room where she is sleeping hoping she would understand the reason I'm letting her go. She will hate me; I know that for sure. I am letting her go at the time she needs me the most; but what she doesn't know is that I actually need her all the time.

I sit on the chair that is placed next to the bed and watch her as she's innocently sleeping. I immediately smile at the fact that only a few days ago she was sleeping next to me.

"Hey Josh." I hear Chloe's voice and I turn to see her and Sasha standing at the door. "Hey." I say giving her a small smile as they come in. "She hasn't woken up yet?" Sasha asks lowering her voice. "No." I answer her. "Well, you need to get some sleep so we'll stay with her." Chloe tells me pointing at the clock on the wall which reveals it's 10 pm.

"It's still early." I tell her raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah but you haven't slept at all." She softly says. "Did Zack send you?" I ask them and they look at each other in confusion but it's obvious.

"I'm not leaving her." I tell them still sitting and only a few seconds later Robert and the blonde headed guy join in and I immediately look at Chloe for explanation but she immediately looks away.

"Perfect." I say to myself as they come in. "How is she?" Robert asks Chloe ignoring me.

"She's fine." I shut him off standing and the blonde headed boy looks back and forth between us in confusion.