To Live With Him

Chapter 48

Michelle's P.O.V

"Come on, Michelle. We're going to be late." I hear my mother calling from downstairs. "I'm coming." I shout hurting my throat more while trying to put on a light pink sweater and hoping we didn't just wake John up who is sleeping in the next room.

I barely had time to take a shower, have breakfast and get dressed. And my throat hurts much more than it did yesterday.

How stupid could someone be for what is called love?

I rush downstairs once I finish getting dressed to find my mom waiting for me in the car. "Come on. You're half an hour late. You missed your first class." She tells me once I get in.

I have barely missed classes before until I got kidnapped. I got so much behind with school work that it even became impossible to catch on.

"I'll call your principal and apologize for arriving late." She says parking the car in front of the school building. "Fine." I nod leaving the car.

I know it's bad that I see no point of going to school if he's not here and that everything in my life is starting to revolve only around him but I'm lucky to have him. I will never regret him or the feelings that I have only for him.

I get in and as expected I find the corridors empty and I don't even bother to try to get in the class. Instead I go to the ladies bathroom which is empty and I dial his number.

"Hey." He says after the second ring which immediately makes me happy. "Hey." I say not knowing what else to tell him since the only reason that I called him is to hear his voice.

"I miss you." He tells me through the phone. "I miss you more." I softly say and silence fills in which makes me realize that there's something wrong with him.

"Are you okay?" I ask him trying to break this silence. "Yeah." He simply says shutting me off.

"Okay." I gently say giving in. "Michelle, what do you think of moving in with me?" He asks and I'm at loss of words for this.

I honestly want nothing but to wake up next to him every morning and to make sure that he's okay when the night comes but both of us are too young for this.

"Josh..." I start trying to make sense of it. "I will buy as an apartment and we could live in it together. Just you and I." He tells me and that's all I would ever ask for. To live with him.

"We can't Josh." I tell him. "Why not?" He asks me but I avoid his question. "When did you come up with this idea?" I ask him.

"A while ago." He answers me. "Why?" I ask him even though I know his answer." This way you'll always be safe with me." He gently answers me.

"I'm safe at home too. And living with you wouldn't mean staying in our apartment for the rest of our lives." I tell him trying to convince myself that it's a bad idea but my heart skips a beat at the mention of our apartment.

"Okay." He says giving in. "Are you coming to school?" I ask him hoping that he would. "Yeah, I'm on my way." He tells me which immediately makes me happy. "Great, we have the second class together." I say smiling and the bell rings. "Five minutes and I will be there." He tells me before hanging up.

I leave the bathroom to find the corridor is crowded as expected and I walk to my locker to get the books for our next class.

"Hey." I hear someone saying and I turn to see Robert. "Robert! What are you doing here?" I ask him surprised looking around in hope Josh wouldn't see him with me. "I came to make sure you're okay." He answers me with a small smile on his lips.