Part 2

"And their strength?"

"I wasn't able to read that fully either. They were cloaking their base very well," she frowned, "What do you think?"

"This certainly changes things," said Taemin as his mind worked.

"They must have arrived yesterday. There was certainly no magi-energy cloaking their camp before then," said Dahyun as she placed her hands on her hips.

"It is strange," said Taemin. They had been planning this attack for over 3 weeks and tomorrow was meant to be D-day. But with the enemy having called re-enforcements they'd have to come up with something else.

"Dahyun," he looked at her.

"Yes Sir?"

"I'm going to need you to deliver a note to the Royal Commander."

"Ofcourse Sir, I'll ask Lisa to come with me to the village to post it,"

"No, Dahyun," Taemin turned to look at the trees, "I'm going to need you to deliver it personally," her eyebrows rose.

"O...okay Sir," she saw him turn back to her with a smile.

"Good, I'm counting on you."

Holding the carriage door for her, Chae helped Jennie inside. Closing it, they settled in the seats as it drove off. Tiredly Jennie laid her head down on her lap. Smiling at the action, Chae trailed tender fingers across brunette hair. Moving it to the side they moved to massage the skin on her neck. Jennie sighed in contentment. They sat like that for a while. Jennie with her eyes close, enjoying the feel of Chae's hands on her skin. And Chae, admiring this moment as she looked over her girlfriend. They so rarely had time together. Sometimes she forgot how precious it was to be with Jennie like this.

"I don't want to keep worrying you baby," whispered Chae, "That's...that's why I'm trying to keep the cuts and bruises to myself," Jennie's eyes fluttered as she listened.

"Who did it Chae?"

"It was Jackson"

"I knew it," huffed Jennie as her fist clutched. If ever she saw him, she would take all her combat training out on him and his friends. Feeling tender fingers grab hold of the fist, she felt Chae intertwine their hands.

"It's okay. It's nothing new," it came out sharply in the quietness. Turning to lay face up and look at her Jennie frowned sadly.

"It doesn't make it right baby," she kissed their hands. She hated how almost everyone in the capital treated Chae like a pariah. It wasn't right.

"What can we do," shrugged Chae with a tired smile.

"Let's ask my mom to move you to a different unit. Atleast you won't have to be in the same camp as them," suggested Jennie but Chae shook her head.

"I can handle it. See, I didn't want you to make a fuss about it," and Jennie looked at her angrily.

"What do you mean Chae? This has been going on too long. They know you won't retaliate. I can't just let them keep doing this to you."

"Jen, you have to. Please, I don't want to get the Commander involved. That wouldn't be right either," she said, even though it had crossed her mind. But Jennie's reputation kept her at bay. She didn't want people to think she was using her relationship with the brunette anymore than they already thought she did.