Lifting her head from the desk, Chaerin watched has they stood to attention. Telling Chae to give the report back of their cleaning duties she listened. Crisply Chae recited what they had accomplished and again apologized for having created all this trouble. Jennie too apologized for her part. Eyes focusing on the pink-haired woman, Chaerin clasped her hands together.

"Why were you not in attendance at the beginning of the exercise, Ms. Park?"

"I was not intending on partaking in the class Commander."

"You were not going to attend at all?"

"Yes, Commander."

"Why?"

"I did not feel well enough for an exercise Commander."

Chaerin wondered why Chae wasn't even trying to hide the fact that she was lying, "Oh is that so?"

"Yes, Commander."

"And if you were out on the field, Ms. Park? In battle? What if you felt unwell then? Would you have hidden away from your duties?"

"I would not Commander," an odd knot began to tie in Chae's stomach.

"And yet you would when it comes to an exercise that simulates the same situation. Your actions imply that there's a difference between the two."

"There is no difference Commander," she felt dampness at the back of her neck and her eyes lowered, "I was wrong to want to abandon the class. Just as I would be wrong to abandon my duties in battle," answered Chae.

Chaerin looked at Chae intensely before shifting her eyes over to her daughter. Jennie's face was blank and unmoving. Her shoulders had remained straight the entire time. The dedication to the soldier like demeanour struck Chaerin. Suddenly her daughter appeared more mature than she remembered. Laughing internally, she decided to tackle the brunette once she got home.

"Well I'm glad to hear you have recognised that Ms. Park," she shifted her gaze between the two," Thank you for the report back. You're both dismissed," Chae and Jennie gave a salute and made their way out.

"Ms. Park," turning Chae saw Chaerin peering at her over the desk, "Make sure to escort Ms. Kim safely home," with that instruction the knot in her stomach loosened a little.

"I will Commander," said Chae and she gave another salute. As the door shut, Chaerin chuckled at the redness she'd seen on her daughter's face.

The wind rustled through Dahyun's hair and the others stood behind her patiently. Allowing her to concentrate. She had to scout a large area and though they knew she was a talented sorcerer, it did take a lot of energy. Hair flowing as her hand was placed on the ground and her eyes shut, Dahyun used the flock of birds to check the enemy base. Suddenly she stood up and turned to one of the other soldiers.

"Call the Commander here now. It's urgent," she said, and the woman nodded. The others watched as she sprinted back to their camp. They turned to Dahyun but her face gave away no answers.

Hands placed on his hips, Taemin frowned. The trees were thick with green heads that were shaking softly. He turned to Dahyun as they stood looking over the cliff. The others were sent back to the camp once Taemin had arrived. He needed to hear the news in private first.

"How many do you think there are?"

"Atleast 10 but it could be more," answered Dahyun. Nodding, Taemin crossed his arms.