Wayne Charity

-Edward's view-

After arriving at Galavan tower, I was brought straight to Theo. He explained that Jerome tried very hard to get me back and said that he finally gave in. "You should thank him, if it weren't for him, you would be dead," Theo said. I continued nodding. He then went onto explain that while I was gone, the Maniax had set fire to a bus of cheerleaders and attacked the GCPD. He told me that all that was left was me, Jerome and Barbara. He told me about how we were gonna terrorize a Wayne enterprises charity event. I remembered Bruce Wayne. He used to go to my school, but once his parents died he left. We only hung out once and that was because of a project. His house was huge and his butler was nice. I wish I got to know him better. After being dismissed, I looked around to find Jerome. "are you looking for Jerome?" Barbara was suddenly behind me. "Yea, do you know where he is?". "him and Tabitha just got sent out for a 'urgent matter'. I nodded and headed to my room. I noticed my hair was getting longer. Which makes sense because I haven't cut my hair in a month and a half. I searched the drawers of my bathroom and found an electric razor. I turned it on and started trimming my hair.

"Hold still Ed". I felt hair fall down my back and onto the floor. My mom brushed the hair off my neck and back. My stepdad walked in. "Hey son," He patted my shoulder. Him and my mom had just started dating. My mom had also just started doing drugs. "Don't call me son," I mumbled. "Ed, don't be rude!" my mom said. My stepdad shrugged "it's fine, he doesn't trust me yet,". Shortly after that, he started beating me and my mom.

I finished and left my hair in the sink. I wiped the tears that formed in my eyes.

My stepdad zipped up his fly and walked back into the kitchen. He grabbed another bottle of alcohol. "Your whore mother killed herself because of you,". He took a long swig and left the house. He started the car and left, leaving me a crying mess.

Jerome came in and saw me crying. He rushed up to me "What's wrong?". I made up a quick lie "I uh, got hurt,". He looked at me "don't lie to me,". I gave him a fake smile "I'm not kidding. I stubbed my toe super hard,". He laughed "I still don't believe you,". My smile got smaller "You wanna know?". He gave me a compassionate look "yeah,". "My stepfather raped me yesterday,". he paused "shit, are you okay?". I nodded. Hot tears pricked at my eyes, threatening to spill out any second now. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. Tabitha entered "Theo wants you guys. Now!". I nodded again. "I gotta go. Get your clothes from the dining room and get changed," Jerome said before leaving. I sat on the edge of the bed and gathered my thoughts.

-after he got his clothes and changed-

I admired the suit in the mirror. It was hot pink and I was also given a mask. I left the room and went into the dining room, where Jerome was. Two of Theo's henchmen were using makeup glue to glue an orange beard to his chin. I laughed and Jerome smiled. "What? You don't think I look like a sexy beast,". I smiled "No, you look more like a pedophile.". Barbara came into the room and let out a loud laugh once she saw Jerome "You look like an idiot,". Jerome's smile faded "and you look like a kinky prostitute,". It was true, she was wearing a dress and tutu which matched the pink I was wearing. "Pink is not my color." I said looking at the suit. I went into the kitchen and reached into my pocket and pulled out the pack of cigarettes that I had put in my pocket. I also grabbed the lighter and lit the cigarette. I took a long puff and felt the smoke in my throat. An arm snaked from behind me and grabbed the cigarette from my mouth. I spun around and saw Theo. "Aren't you a little young to be smoking?" He asked, opening the window and flicking it out. "I've been smoking since I was 13. I think I'm fine,". I left the kitchen and went into the dining room and saw Jerome checking out his mustache and beard. I lit another cigarette and took a puff. "You like it?" Jerome asked. I blew out some smoke before answering "nope,". He smiled "thanks douche,". "No problem," I took another puff. He took the cigarette from my hands and took a long puff. He kissed me and blew the smoke into my mouth. I gave him a fake smile. I wanna see Oswald but everyone has an eye on me. I took the cigarette back and took one last puff before dropping it on the ground and stepping on it. Barbara came in again "sorry to disturb your gay romance, but it's time to go,". Jerome fixed his beard before skipping off. I followed behind.