Crush

-Edwards view-

I never realized I was laughing like a maniac until Theo looked at me with a surprised face "I thought you would be the quiet one" he said. A smile creeped up his face. I cleared my throat and tried to look neutral. But the smirk that was pasted on my face seemed to be stuck on. He untied the straps and gave us food. I picked at my food with a fork and ended up only eating a quarter of a fish stick. While the others ate like they had been starved for years. After everyone was done eating we were shown our rooms. Mine was green. We were told that we had time to ourselves. I didn't know what to do with that time so I decided to have a shower. I turned on the shower and warm water instantly poured out of the shower head. I felt great to finally clean up. After washing my hair I got out, I changed into a pair of clothes that had been set out for me. It was similar to what I would wear in my daily life. A white button up shirt, some dress pants and a cardigan that went over it. I put on the outfit and slipped my glasses back on. I didn't realize what a mess my hair was until I passed a mirror in the hallway. I debated on whether I should fix my hair or not. I decided against it and went to the kitchen. Everyone except Barbara was at the table so I sat down as well. A large plate of Doughnuts sat in the middle of the round table. Everyone was feasting on them. I didn't bother because I wasn't hungry. He told us about his plan. In short form, we had to kidnap some guys, spray paint them and throw them off. He told us to get seven and spell "maniax". I raised my hand. He pointed at me signaling me to ask my question. "Maniax is only six words though". He chuckled lightly "figure out what to do with the spare". Everyone smiled and clapped their hands. I thought deeply. I went to bed early, I didn't want to deal with everyone's bullshit.

-time skip to the next day-

The light made me squint my eyes. The tower was silent. I assumed everyone was still asleep. I pulled on a white shirt, a green jacket as well as some black pants. I didn't bother with my hair this time. I walked out and noticed Theo pouring himself a cup of coffee. "Morning, Ed" I smiled slightly and nodded my head at him. "Haven't heard much from you" he said moving to the side and slightly leaning on the counter. I grabbed a cup and poured a cup for myself. "How old are you." I hesitated telling him. "17" finally answered. "Youngest of the group, I see..." I smiled awkwardly "but...definitely smartest". Jerome barged in "Are you sure about that?" He snatched my coffee out of my hands and took a large gulp. I bit my lip "Actually I think I am the smartest" I remarked. He turned on his heels and glared at me. "Oh the little man speaks". I tilted my head "Of course I speak and for a matter of a fact, I'm taller than you". His smile quickly faded. Theo quietly observed and drank his coffee. Jerome stared me in the eye and my smile only got bigger. Jerome reached over the counter and grabbed a knife, pointing it at me. I smirked at him "You think I'm scared of death?". He kept pointing it at me. Theo tilted his head and squinted his eyes in a confused matter. I was still smirking when Jerome pulled the knife away and put it back in it's spot.. Jerome huffed and stomped away. Theo looked at me "What was that.". I shrugged and poured myself another cup. I grabbed a cookie from the container on the counter and took a bite of it. Tabitha walked in and grabbed Theo's mug off the counter and drank almost all of it in one gulp. Theo looked at me "Now they're drinking mine" he laughed and I chuckled. Soon everyone was at the kitchen table. Theo perfected the details on the plan. He added a few minor things. But the one major thing he added was that we had to steal an oil truck. He gave us our Arkham outfits and told us that we would have different outfits in a few days. He told us to go to our rooms to get ready. After getting into the clothes I sat on my bed thinking about Oswald. He would have obviously heard about me. A loud knock on the door pulled my out of my trance. Tabitha opened the door "Let's go" she ushered me out of the room. We all got into the elevator and sat there awkwardly. Silence lingered. Finally the door opened and we all got out. Theo had two cars in the driveway.Jerome,Tabitha and I piled into one and the others went in the other one. Jerome smiled all the way there. I fiddled with my fingers. What if Oswald was looking for me? We got to the docks and got seven workers. We stuffed them in the trunks and easily got an oil truck. After pulling into the back alley of the newspaper building we climbed a few ladders to get to the roof. We threw a few down and the others laughed when the bodies hit the ground. I couldn't help but smirk when each person hit the cement. We threw another down. "Perfect, Next!" Jerome exclaimed "Mr. X'' the man whimpered. Jerome and the others laughed at his suffering. Aaron lifted him into the edge and I looked at it. "Uh, a little to the right." Aaron moved it "Okay, that's the spot.". Aaron pushed him off. Everyone at the bottom of the building gasped and I laughed loudly. Dobkins quickly interrupted "Um, what shall we do with the...spare?". I quickly reacted by grabbing a spray paint can and painting an exclamation point on his straitjacket. Jerome smiled "Aaron,would you kindly?". Aaron picked him up and threw him off. When the body hit the ground everyone gasped again. I looked down to see the words. "Now that's a headline" Jerome said laughing almost immediately after. I looked at the reporters and the citizens watching. Someone with jet black hair caught my eye. My heart stopped and my body froze. Oswald was looking up at me. Oswald has called me several times and left me voicemails until it was full. Texts from him flooded my phone. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called the only number in my phone. He looked at his phone and looked at me. He finally answered and immediately started talking. "Ed,what's going on with you?" He was still looking at me but I kept my eyes on the ground. "Oswald, leave me alone". He shook his head "Wha-what are you talking about Ed? We can get through this together.". My eyes left the ground and met his. "Oswald this is my luck, I don't need you roped into it too" Jerome called my name. "I've got to go, Oswald". He interrupted me "No Ed, let's talk about this right now.". "I have to go, Goodbye Oswald" I was stern at the end of the sentence. We climbed down the ladders and into the alley. I felt someone grab my arm. "Jerome let go plea-." I turned around and saw Oswald. I tried pulling my arm away but his grip tightened. Jerome knocked on the window. I grabbed his hand and pushed it away. I climbed into the truck and it drove away leaving Oswald in the dust. "Who was that?" Jerome finally asked. I felt everyone's eyes on me. I was blushing harshly. "I-It was...a friend" I stuttered. Jerome smirked and poked me "is he your crushhhh?" he sounded like a teenage girl. "N-No!" I said louder than expected. "Ssssssure~" Jerome and the others cackled. I huffed but was still blushing "He's just a friend.". Everyone gave it up but they still thought I had a crush on Oswald. I thought for moment. Did I have a crush on him? My phone buzzed. "Ed, you're better than this." I had the choice to block Oswald but didn't. "Oswald, stop texting me". He responded almost immediately. "Why don't you block me then?". I waited but knew he was waiting for a response. "Because I like you". I stared at the text in disbelief. I can't believe I said that. No one texted for a minute until Oswald finally responded. "Ed," He was typing. Oh god, I just embarrassed myself. I decided to block him. He was still typing. He was blocked. Couldn't talk to me again. I sighed and looked out the window.