//Chapter 40//

-Ed's POV-

Jeremiah and I watched the news, Jerome had several political figures sitting in seats behind him with shock collars on their necks. Jeremiah and I watched as Jerome spoke, he gestured to the three empty seats behind him "Now, as you can see, we're still waiting for our three guests of honor! But, in the meantime, let's go over the rules of tonight's entertainment, shall we? Dynamite. Trigger. I don't get what I want? Boom. Headless people." He pointed to the crowd "And if any of you are thinking of going anywhere, you'll die too. Now, the man who can give me what I want..." He waved the camera man over, grabbing the camera from his hands "Calling Gordon! Calling Captain James Gordon-!". 

Jeremiah shut off the tv and I turned to him "What? Why'd you turn it off?"

He shook his head, looking at the ground "It isn't healthy to keep watching that. We need to secure the base. Two of those seats are for us and I'm not fucking dying today. Find Ecco, I'll get the protocol started."

I nodded, standing up and leaving the room. I walked throughout the corridors and to Ecco's room. I knocked and there was a brief moment of silence before the door opened. I looked at her "Jeremiah says we're starting the lockdown protocol."

Without wasting a moment, Ecco walked out of the room and to Jeremiah's office. I followed behind her quickly. Once we made it to the office, my phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out. A text from Jim. 

I'm coming there.

I turned to Jeremiah "Officer Gordon says he's coming"

Jeremiah sighed, running a hand through his ginger hair "Jesus... fine. But if he says something about bringing us to Jerome."

As if on cue, a loud beep rung in the office, alerting Jeremiah of Jim's arrival, he opened the door for him. When Jim walked through the doors, Jeremiah didn't give him a moment to say anything before starting "I watch the news. I know why you're here, Mr. Gordon. And you must be out of your mind if you think we're going to led like lamb to the slaughter"

Jim closed the door behind him, he had Bruce and another person behind him "I understand your concern, but your brother doesn't bluff. If we ignore his demands, there's no telling what he might do"

The unfamiliar man walked up, passing Jim a device "We can block his remote signals using this."

Jim nodded "Thanks. If you, Ed and Bruce can get within a few feet of him, it will disable his remote. He'll be a sitting duck. Our snipers can take it from there."

Jeremiah stared at him "For god's sake, Gordon. You know what he wants. To murder us all on live television."

Bruce extended a hand out "Mr. Valeska, I'm Bruce Wayne. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Jeremiah sighed, shaking his hand "Likewise. I.. wish the circumstances were better."

Bruce looked around "May I ask what it is you've been working on?"

"Um, yeah. it's a compact electrical engine."

Bruce examined the machine "Fascinating. How much power?"

"Just two could light up every building south of Westward bridge."

The two of them looked at each other "You have a brilliant mind. And we all hope that we can soon be rid of your brother, so that you can carry out your work, free from fear. I understand if you choose not to help us today but I trust that Captain Gordon and Mr. Fox will see that no harm comes to me. But even if it does... maybe, by facing Jerome, I can show the people of Gotham that standing up to terror is the only way to take it's power away."

Jeremiah was quiet for a moment "Well said..."

Jim's phone rang and he answered it, I approached the unfamiliar man and extended out a hand "I'm Edward Nygma, I don't think we've met before."

He shook my hand "Lucius Fox. I work for Wayne Industries but I'm called onto a lot at the GCPD. I've heard a lot about you."

I chuckled "That's never a good sign"

Lucius laughed as well "All good things, I promise. Lee is very fond of you."

I smiled "That's good to hear."

Jeremiah touched a hand to my shoulder "Ed, can I talk to you?"

I nodded and looked at Lucius for a moment "Nice meeting you."

Jeremiah pulled me away from everyone else "How are you feeling?"

"Scared but... I think we should... I trust Captain Gordon and I know he would never put people in danger if he didn't have a plan."

Jeremiah nodded "Yeah..."

Jim finished up on the phone and turned to all of us "They've got a weapon. Poison gas."

Jeremiah hesitated for a moment "Okay, let's go."

A/N 

I was unsure if I had introduced Lucius before so I just (re?)introduced him. ANYWAYS, Thank you so much for reading!!! It means a lot!