Chapter 38/Past Midnight

Start from the beginning

"Lukas," Iceland addressed.

"Call me big brother."

"No."

"Big brother."

"No."

Iceland pouted and crossed his arms. (Y/n) chuckled softly and leaned against the table. Around Norway, she could see little fairies fluttering around him. Although occasionally, when she blinked, they would disappear or become blurry.

"Hello, Lukas," she greeted.

"Hallo, (Y/n)."

[Hallo: Hello (Norwegian)]

"Why are you up?"

"Why are you up..." Iceland grumbled to himself.

"Emil left and didn't tell," Norway spoke as he leaned against the wall.

"I don't have to tell you everything," Emil rolled his eyes.

"You were missing."

"I could've just been going on a walk."

(Y/n) watched back and forth as the two bickered.

(She wondered if this was what it was like to have siblings.)

She hummed softly and closed her eyes.

"Did you find him, Lukas?" a new voice asked.

The (h/c)-haired girl looked up. In the doorway, once again, was someone. This time, it was Finland with Sweden standing behind him. Both of them were in the yukatas that were provided by the hotel. Finland's was a pastel blue while Swedens was a shade of turquoise.

"Yes," Norway nodded.

"Oh, hello, (Y/n)!" Finland greeted once he saw her.

"Hello, Tino," (Y/n) nodded from her seat. Sweden merely nodded as a greeting.

"Why are you up so early?"

She chuckled dryly, "I just wanted to take a walk."

(Iceland's eyes twitched.)

"Ah, okay!"

"Call me big brother."

"No!"

Finland snickered at Norway and Iceland. Sweden's lips quirked up just a bit before going back to normal.

"Are you hungry?" Finland asked (Y/n).

"Not particularly. Why?"

"I wanted to make some food," he admitted sheepishly, "And everything tastes better when it's shared."

"Thank you for offering, you can still make food if you'd like," (Y/n) smiled.

Finland cheered quietly and began to roam the kitchen in search of ingredients.

"H've you b'en h'ving fun here?" Sweden quietly asked.

"Yes," she nodded, "And you?"

"Mhm," he nodded.

(Y/n) hummed a song under her breath and watched as Finland scurried around, beginning to cook along with Norway and Iceland argue back and forth.

(Sometimes, it seemed like they were really a family.)

"There you guys are!" Denmark yelled as he sighed in relief, "Why didn't you tell me you found Emil!"

"S'rry," Sweden said half-heartedly.

"Shut up, Dane," Norway monotonously replied.

"Hei!" Finland waved from the kitchenette.

[Hei: Hi (Finnish)]

"Were all of you looking for me?" Iceland asked, flustered.

"Yes."

He buried his face into his hands as Denmark laughed.

"Hello, Matthias," (Y/n) greeted.

"Oh, hi, cutie!" Denmark took large steps towards her and giving her a firm handshake.

"How've you been?"

"Good!"

As Denmark talked about how his day was, as Finland was making food, as Norway and Iceland argued in the background, as Sweden watched over then, (Y/n) almost forgot it was almost 2 in the morning and she woke up from a nightmare.

(Truly, they were a family. She would hate to break into their dynamic.)

(Y/n) ignored her thoughts and paid attention to what Denmark was rambling about. There was no use overthinking after all.

--

Oopsies. Sorry for not updating for two weeks! Thanks for reading!