Anthony also sent numerous text messages expressing his love to me. I couldn't deny the feelings that were started to form. The butterflies that sat in the pit of my stomach when we were alone. The way my body tingled and shivered at his slightest touch..I began to feel myself getting weak in this very moment from just the thought of him. That weakness quickly shifted to anger as it did every time he unwillingly popped into my head. I didn't love him. I hated him. Every second I constantly regretted that I didn't listen to Amir's warning.

"Sugar I'm ready!" OJ called out from his room that was directly across from his own. He was ready for me to tuck him in for the night. Something I always did when our mother finally left us. It had became our routine.

Wiping my eyes I quickly got up from the bed. "Coming baby boy." I called out slipping on my furry slippers that rested on the purple rug beside my bed.

Walking into OJ's bedroom I looked around amazed as I did every time. I was so glad he had someone like Patrice in his life. He had a train inspired room since he always dreamt of being a engineer. He was living the life he had always deserved since our mother had failed us. I couldn't had asked for a better family. "Are you sure you're okay Sugar?" OJ asked shyly as I kneeled down beside his bed.

"I promise baby, I am supposed to worry about you. Not you worry about your big sister. Everyone has nightmares, including you right?" I asked as he nodded slowly. "Right. And are the real?" He shook his head no. "Everything is going to be okay. We're strong. We always had each other and who has us?"

"God!" OJ shouted excitedly.

"That's my man!" I smiled pounding his fist. I'm glad some things I taught him still stuck. "No matter how far I go or how long your big sissy always will come back for you just like now. Okay?"

"Okay." He smiled. "I love you Sugar bear."

"I love you more O. Goodnight." I kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight." He hugged me before rolling over closing his eyes. I looked at him once more before turning on his nightlight and shutting the door behind me.

Going downstairs for coffee I ran directly into Chad who'd bumped into me coming up the stairs as I went down. Chad was OJ's foster dad and Patrice's husband. He was rapped in nothing but a large dry towel with his pale hairy chest exposed. "Excuse me, sorry." I looked down avoiding eye contact.

"Woah, wait a minute. Now no need to apologize." He smirked using his arm to lean against the stairway blocking the way down. "I'm the one who owes you the apology. Well incase you want to make up for it." He raised a brow grinning.

"I just want to go down." I said more sternly this time. Raising his hands in defense he moved out the way this time.

"I was only kidding, go right ahead my lady." He bowed sarcastically as I quickly went down the steps. I didn't dare to look back but I felt his eyes on my back the entire way down. I hated to be around him and something about him made me feel so awkward and I cursed myself for not double checking his schedule which Patrice kept posted on the fridge.

Making it to the kitchen area I grabbed a mug from the wooden cabinet. Pouring the pot of steaming hot coffee I heard the click of the locks to the front door. In walked Patrice as she took off her long trench coat with matching black boots tossing her keys onto hook on the wall. "Well hello Sugar, I'm shocked to see you creeping around here at night. I'm use to you sleeping all day. Just like a hibernating bear." She chucked lightly.

I sat down on the bar stool sipping my coffee slowly as I laughed along with her. She was exactly right. "I slept away most of my day again. I just decided to get some coffee is all." I smiled small. "Would you like a cup?"

"No dear, thank you for asking though. You're always so sweet and polite just like OJ." She looked off as she was in thought smiling to herself. "Although I have been meaning to ask you something.."

I quickly gave her a look hoping this wasn't another attempt of her digging into what happened before me coming here. "I promise it's nothing what you think. It's actually about Chad.. has he- .. has he made you feel uncomfortable?" She asked curiously.

I didn't know if this was a setup. Did she think I was into her husband? What had he said about me? Was this some kind of race thing? Was she jealous? So many questions crossed my mind. "No, I promise I would have told you. I wouldn't ever disrespect your home Patrice I swear I-" before I could continue I was cut off.

"No, no, no. Don't worry sweetie. It's just.." she looked up the steps making sure Chad wasn't out the shower. "He's been showing up at home earlier then he should since you've been here. I suspect he's been leaving work earlier then he should and we've already had past issues with younger girls.. which is why we never adopted any." She shook her head quickly wiping her eyes. "Sugar just please tell me if anything ever happens. I can't let him do this to me again." She pleaded resting her hand on top of mine.

So many thoughts were still ongoing in my head. "I promise you." She pulled me in for hug holding me tightly. I needed to get the fuck out of here.