Chapter Fourteen and Epilogue

The team bus was rowdy as it transferred them all from the school to Sam's house. Sam's parents were loaded and the house and grounds were huge. In the centre of the backyard was a very large pool flanked by buckets of ice with countless beers chilling beckoningly.

The plan; as Sam had explained to him; was to do and say nothing about any plans to crash the Wickham boys after party, which by comparison was likely going to be fairly subdued anyway.

They were going to make sure everyone got good and sauced and maybe, just maybe, they might get too caught up in the excitement of youth and winning to forget.

And tomorrow when they all remembered, Jack would simply tell them that it was old news. They were adults now and needed to start acting like it.

The plan worked out fantastically. Tyler remained at his side all night and more often then not was clasping his hand or his thigh. It was the anchor Jack had used to keep himself from flying away with everything that had happened to him.

He knew it.

He knew Tyler knew it too.

He also knew that one day when it finally had to stop; it would hurt him. But that was a problem for Jack future. Tonight, Jack Wright was just happy.

The music was blaring, the beer was flowing. There were glass bottles scattered across the lawn and the music was so loud Jack had to lean into Tyler whenever he wanted to say something to him.

The volume reduced just low enough for Sam be heard over the lot of them, "Come in you bunch of wankers," he shouted to get everyone's attention, "line up by the pool for a team photo, on the count of three we're all going to jump in at the same time!"

Jack grinned climbing up out of the deck chair he'd been lounging in. Tyler hesitated, not technical tone of the team but Jack clasped his hand and pulled him into line next to him on the pools edge.

Sam handed the phone over to his mother who was laughing as the team of drunk footballers assembled in various levels of nudity.

Everyone was grinning. Jack couldn't help but get the feeling he was a little out of the loop here.

Poor Tyler clearly was too because as Sam counted down to one, both he and Jack, who were at the end of the pool jumped as high as they could just as the team turned on their spots and pulled their pants down displaying their asses just as the photo was taken.

They were all laughing good natured lit when Jack came up from air. Tyler was coughing and spluttering in surprise having turned a deep shade of red.

Sam reaches out an arm, pulling Jack out of the water after getting his phone back from him mother.

It was a great photo. Jack grinned when Sam showed it to him.

"We know you like to check out our arses in the locker room," he grinned and pulled Jack in under his arm with camaraderie. "Check your phone I just sent you this, now you can check us out whenever you want," he grinned and slapped Jack on the back, "wherever life takes you,"

"We love you Captain," Nick roared and the team cheers loudly, when the cheer subsided Nick added, "we just don't want to fuck you, sorry" everyone laughed.