An Unexpected Confrontation

Start from the beginning

His emerald eyes shifted downwards, choosing instead to examine his wringing hands as he mumbled, "Well, you're practically a king, aren't you? Isn't it more like there isn't anyone who wouldn't be scared of you?"

"So because everyone is scared of me, you should be too?" Crimson eyes narrowed roguishly. He reached over and snagged Izuku's cup, running a finger along the rim as he asked, "Then, why don't you marry me since everyone else wants me?"

This question terrified the Omega to the point that he almost fell from his corner of the couch, but he managed to steady himself. He thought that he had already dodged this bullet already, but clearly he had been too naive. Bakugou was more persistent than the greenette had given him credit for.

How was he supposed to answer such a loaded question?

Izuku trembled as he raised his hand, "Before I answer this question, can I ask you one first?"

The Alpha thought that his fear was cute, so he casually answered, "Sure."

"Why me? Surely there's someone else out there who'd be a fine mother for Katsumi? Unless it's because he idolizes me? I think that it's only temporary. He'll be fine once his emotions settle down. I mean, even if he doesn't, you don't have to..."

Izuku faltered, distracted by the attentive warmth and mischief dancing in the ash blond's eyes. He forced himself to push on, his voice growing softer, "...You don't have to . . . stress yourself over this..."

Bakugou set the cup back down, his ruby eyes staring straight into emeralds, "Izuku—" the Omega shivered at the sound of his name "—I thought I made myself clear: because you saved Katsumi, I will give you my life. I want to protect you both."

Izuku stared back at him in astonishment, his mind flipping in cart-wheels. Just what kind of reasoning was this? Didn't this kind of scenario happen only in movies and dramas?! The greenette couldn't believe this was happening to him.

Well, he had to admit, it did make some sense, but—

"Mr. Bakugou, I really do appreciate your generous offer, but I'm not the type who believes in marriage, so..."

He raised a perfectly arched blond eyebrow. "So you don't want to marry me, but would rather fuck me instead?"

"Yes, that's exactly right—Wait! No, no, no, that's not what I meant!" Izuku choked on his words, on the verge of keeling over. Just how big was this guy's ego? They both knew that the Alpha was attractive, but did he have to make fun of the Omega like this?

"W-well, when you put it that way, you're not wrong either, I suppose, but then . . . Ah! No, no, no, I didn't mean to—"

"Too bad. I don't accept premarital sex."

Izuku couldn't help but roll his eyes at that statement, muttering under his breath, "Who'd believe that..." Says the one who had a pup out of wedlock!

Bakugou finally looked away from the greenette, choosing instead to watch the city life scenery outside the window. "Katsumi was a mistake. Even I don't know who his mother is."

"Oh." What an Alpha.

"Are you judging me because I have a pup?" Bakugou suddenly demanded.

"W-wha-? No, of course not!" Izuku protested incredulously. What did it matter to him if the other had a son. "You can ask anyone—they would do anything to be Katsumi's step-mother!"

"Then why not you?"

Judging by the way the Alpha was staring at him, Izuku knew that Bakugou wouldn't let go of this topic until he gave a satisfactory and reasonable reply.