An Unexpected Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"So that's why..." Izuku nodded, understanding at last. So they weren't trying to drive him into insanity. The little pup simply missed him.

Seeing how relaxed they were around each other, the Omega finally gathered up the courage to ask a question that had been bothering him for awhile: "Speaking of Katsumi, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but does he not know how to talk?"

Even up until today, Izuku had never heard the pup say a single word, only communicating through the nodding or shaking of his head. He was curious about that.

"It's not that he doesn't know how to talk, he just doesn't want to," answered Bakugou.

"So it's a psychological issue?" Izuku frowned apprehensively.

"Pretty much." The Alpha stated simply. He wasn't hiding anything, but he didn't give out any details either.

"I see..." Izuku had thought as much, seeing how unusually quiet the pup was.

As to what had caused Katsumi's trauma, no matter how curious the greenette was, he didn't try to pry for any further information. It was probably a family secret that was none of his business. Most likely the sort that followed the lines of: 'I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.'

And Izuku valued his life very, very much.

"Mr. Midoriya—" Bakugou suddenly unleashed the full force of his scorching stare on the Omega. Izuku froze like a deer caught in the headlights, feeling like he might combust and burst into flame under that gaze. Somehow, it managed to excite and exhaust him simultaneously.

"Y-Yes?"

"Have we met somewhere before?" questioned the Alpha.

If these cheesy words were said by someone else, Izuku would without a doubt assume that the other was hitting on him using a 'timeless yet classic' pick-up line. But the person asking Bakugou Katsuki, and those blazing eyes were honest, yet serious.

"I don't think so," he replied sincerely. "Even if we had met before, I don't think it's even possible for me to forget someone like you, Mr. Bakugou."

Izuku was firm in his answer. With his low social standing, there was no possible way for the Omega to meet an Alpha at Bakugou Katsuki's level. That would still be the case even if he was technically the Midoriya family's eldest son.

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason." Bakugou shifted his gaze, his eyes downcast. He seemed a bit gloomy. The greenette sensed that the mood would go downhill if they continued this particular line of conversation.

"Mr. Bakugou, if there's nothing else, then I'll be going back to bed..." Izuku said carefully.

It was as if the Alpha had seen right through him. Bakugou gestured to the sofa. "I still have questions. Take a seat."

What? He still had more questions? Izuku silently lamented to himself as he made his way to the couch, perching himself on the very edge of the other end of the couch, setting his cup on the table. The early morning trip to the kitchen hadn't been worth this confrontation...

Bakugou watched in amusement as troubled emotions played out on the Omega's face. Leaning back on the sofa and resting one arm behind his head, he asked with a smirk, "You're scared of me?"

In the dark of the night, the ash blond Alpha seemed to be even more devilishly dangerous compared to his reserved self in the day.

Izuku shook his head vigorously, then nodded slowly, his green locks shifting and flying everywhere. "N-No, no, no of course not—I mean, yes! No wait . . . ah, I mean..."