Chapter 88

Matthew's POV

I walked over to the table and sat across from Celine. She looked up.

"Hey Matt." She said. I just smiled.

"So Cameron's really upset." I spoke. She sighed.

"I didn't mean to hurt him. I do love him, truly. I was just trying to help him get over me so he wasn't depressed. I just wish we could be together, he's amazing." She smiled a little.

"I understand." I replied. It was silent. I took a sip of my drink when I got a text from Ala.

Ala- Back at the hotel :)

"Um, I should go." I said and stood up, she nodded. I walked out of the building and across many streets bumping into so many people. "Excuse me. Pardon me. Coming through. Sorry." As I made my way thought the hotel doors, I noticed Cameron making out with a random girl in a corner. Oh god. I hope he isn't using this as his way to get over Celine. I tried that once, with Kenziya, and we see how that turned out. I decided to let him be on his own and made my way to the eighth floor. Eighth, because I felt like walking the next two flights of stairs. I took my key out of my back pocket and opened the door expecting to see Ala. But I didn't. She wasn't here. She said she was. Where could she be.
-----------
Ala's POV

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said back. Jack G was standing right in front of my face. Man were those eyebrows impressive. They were even better up close.

"Um, Carter told us what happened I wanted to check on you. Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded smiling. "So I'm kind of not tired, at all. What do you say we go out and do something. Nothing big." He suggested.

"Um, ya I guess." I was about to text Matthew when I realized my phone had died. I forgot a room key, again. So there was no use. I'd be back soon. We made our way down the elevator. "So why were you roaming around so late, it's nearly one am.?" I asked turning to him.

"Jack fell asleep and I'm not tired." He replied leaning against the handle. He yawned and his face turned red.

"Your not tired huh?" I said giving him a suspicious look.

"I just can't sleep." I let the conversation end as we reached the third floor and an elderly lady walked on with us. We both smiled at her as she entered the enclosed space. We went down last three flights and Jack held the door open for the lady as she slowly made her way out. She had two bags in each hand and looked like she was struggling.

"Would you like some help?" I asked her. She looked up to me.

"I couldn't bother you two." She replied calmly.

"Your not bothering us at all, we would love to help." She smiled.

"Well, thank you very much. Kids these days are so rude, especially in New York. I'm glad you two have kept it together." We smiled at each other and Jack took the bags from her hand and I linked my arm with hers for support. She seemed to be walking a lot better, and faster.

"Where are you headed?" Jack asked her politely.

"Down town. It's bingo night at The Disco." I laughed a little. "Yes. Yes. I realize, bingo is such an old people stereo type. But when your old, like me, bingo is very entertaining." She started laughing a little too. She directed us to The Disco, which was the name of the place. We lead her inside and it was a little more upbeat and energetic than I'd expected. New Yorkers go hard, I guess. The days seem never ending here. It's hard to believe that just yesterday I was at the hospital with Matthew because he got in a car accident. Matthew. I totally forgot. He's going to be so worried. I told him I was back. My phone is dead.

"Jack do you have your phone?" I asked him as we crossed a street, after delivering Barbra, which we found out was the lady's name. He nodded and took it out handing it to me. He sure wasn't hiding anything on here, for him to just give it to me. He didn't even have a pass code. I went to the phone app and found Matthew's contact. It ringed. And ringed again. Ring. Ring. Ring. It ringed once more and went to voicemail. I groaned.

"Hey it's Matt. Leave a message." Beep.

"Hey Matt, it's Ala I'm with Jack Gilinsky right now. My phone is dead. I will be back soon." I hung up and gave the phone back to Jack. He took it and smiled. "What?" He was staring at me. "What?" I said a little louder as I giggled a bit. I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Your so adorable." My face turned red. "Not like, hot I wanna date you adorable. Like, your personality, is adorable. Your such a child." He laughed. I smiled up at him, without my teeth, just my lips. He smiled back the exact same way. We reached the hotel and got back into the elevator. This time no one joined us. "I will see you tomorrow Ala." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Uh, ya." I replied awkwardly. And our conversation ended the way it started.

"Bye." He said.

"Bye." I said back.