"Daddy!" Emily calls for Andrew. When she saw her father in his office, she quickly runs towards him. Before she could get into the office, Andrew, who is sitting at his desk, starts disappearing in front of her as well.

   "No! Not again," Emily holds her head anxiously. She turns around and looks for everyone else in the house. She opens the door of Stephen's bedroom and what she sees is white. She spots nothing but a white void. She goes to the other bedrooms and all she sees is the same. Just a white blank space.

   "Sarah! Stephen! William!" Emily climbs down the stairs and sees the three of them in the kitchen. She rushes towards them and before she could touch William, he vanishes. She turns and notices that Sarah and Stephen are fading away from her sight.

   "What's going on?" Emily starts to cry. Then, she hears Elizabeth's voice, making her turn around swiftly. She tries to look for her, but to no avail.

   "Elizabeth?" Emily calls.

   Silent.

   Emily hears nothing but her own breathing and heartbeat.

   Suddenly, the house rings with children's laughter. It sounds a bit creepy, yet Emily still wants to search for those voices because she recognised them so well.

   "Elizabeth! Sam! Grace!" Emily runs to the living room and sees the children sitting on a sofa. The three of them look glassy-eyed. They almost look like dolls. Artificial dolls.

   Emily walks closer to them and they disappear too, one by one. She widens her eyes and holds her chest. What is wrong, actually? She falls on her knees, crying and sobbing. Why is everyone disappearing? She feels so alone right now. She gets up quickly when she noticed the floor under her start to turn white. She looks up with teary eyes to find everything around her is white. It's like she is in a completely white box.

   "Emily!"

   Emily stands up and turns around after hearing that voice. There is a door in front of her, so she walks towards it. When she opens the door, everything that she sees is a jet black space.

   "Mummy?" Emily exclaims when she caught a glimpse of a figure a few feet from her.

   "Mummy! Mummy!" Emily sprints towards the figure that looks like her mother and she is sure that is really her.

   The figure turns around and it is really Emily's mother, Jennifer. Emily gets so happy as she realises that she still has her mum with her.

   Before Emily could go any further, a man suddenly appears between her and Jennifer. The man cocks a gun and shoots Jennifer down. He shoots her three times.

   "No! Mummy!" Emily shrieks loudly after she saw Jennifer fall to the ground with a pool of blood on her stomach. She wants to run towards her, but it feels like her legs are being glued to the spot. She just watches Jennifer dying from afar whilst crying her eyes out.

   After that, the man who just had Jennifer's blood on his hands, slowly turns around and smirks at Emily.

   Emily gasps softly when she realised that the man in front of her is actually Freddy! She backs away as Freddy lifts up his gun and points it at her.

   "Goodbye, Emily," Freddy says menacingly and pulls the trigger.

   Emily can clearly hear herself letting out a blood-curdling scream.

*******

   Beep.. Beep.. Beep..

   The monitor keeps on beeping, making the people in the room feel anxious and worried.

   "Doctor, what's wrong with my daughter?" Andrew asks the doctor who is trying to stabilise the patient's pulse.

   "She has a high blood pressure," answers the doctor. Then, he turns at Andrew and assures, "Don't worry, sir. We will try as hard as we can to keep your daughter alive".

   "Thank you," Andrew nods and watches the doctor and his team working together beside Emily's hospital bed. He sighs shakily and prays that his daughter will recover and wake up from her coma soon.

   "Dad," Thomas stands beside Andrew. His face shows a concerned expression.

   "Don't worry, Thomas. Your sister will be okay," Andrew pats Thomas' shoulder and rubs it tenderly.

   Thomas just nods and stares at his almost lifeless sister. Emily has been in a coma for three weeks now. He looks down to the floor as he tries hard not to cry. He can't look at her like this. It hurts him so much.

______________________________________

Chapter 25 ~!

What's happening to Emily?

It's kind of creepy and sad when suddenly all people in your life just disappeared. I imagined a scene in a horror film when Emily saw the glassy-eyed children in the living room.

If you understand, the first scene is Emily's memory about her life or in other words, she's dreaming about the things that actually happened before. But, when Thomas starts fading away, her memory becomes nightmare.

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜