#4 Lost & Found

"Emily, wake up. Your daddy's here. You have to wake up so that you can see him. You must be so surprised to see him. We were too. He's a nice man, Em. He's a better parent than your mother," Katherine holds Emily's hand while Anthony just stares at her pale face.

"I miss you, Em. It hurts me so much to see you like this. Please, Emily. Please wake up," Katherine sobs and Anthony rubs her shoulders gently to soothe her sadness away. Suddenly, Emily's fingers move a bit and her eyes blink slowly.

"Emily? Em? You're awake!" Anthony gets up and walks to the door.

"Kate?" Emily croaks and holds Katherine's hand firmly.

"Yes, Em. I'm right here. I'm so glad you're awake!" Katherine smiles and runs her fingers through Emily's hair.

*******

"Yes, sir. She's finally awake. All right. We'll be waiting for you here," Anthony puts down his phone from his ear and whispers something at Katherine. Katherine nods and winks at Anthony.

"Is he......coming here?" Emily asks without looking at Katherine and Anthony. Both of them look at each other.

"Yes, he is. Thomas will be coming here too," Anthony answers. Emily bites her bottom lip and pulls the bedsheet slowly, feeling nervous.

"Oh, gosh! Thomas is actually my..... How am I going to face them? I have...no idea!" Emily grasps her long hair and screams softly.

"Don't worry. It's just a spontaneous reunion. I mean...your father really wants to see you! He cannot wait to meet you. You should be happy," Katherine pats Emily's shoulder.

A few minutes later, there's a knock on the door. The three of them watch the door and after they see a silhoutte of men at the door, Emily quickly changes her view. She stares down at her hands and listens to their conversation. When she knows that her father is walking towards her, she raises her head slowly.

Andrew Robertson, Thomas' father and also Emily's father gazes at Emily lovingly. Emily doesn't know what to do, so she just smiles at him instead. Andrew sits on a chair beside Emily and asks, "How are you feeling, Emily?". He observes her features and admits that she has his blue eyes. He still remembers - almost sixteen years ago when he left Jennifer and walked away from her life with Thomas in his arms after their divorce. He glanced at Emily who was almost at the age of 1 for the last time. He believed that Jennifer could take care of their daughter nicely. But, after hearing Katherine and Anthony's story about how she abused Emily, he was speechless with rage. His heart also broke into pieces when he discovered that Emily got hit by a car. Thomas, who was one of the witnesses of the accident, quickly called him and when they rummaged around in Emily's backpack, they found her birth certificate. Both of them were startled to learn that Emily Richwood's real name is Emily Robertson! So, Andrew had decided that Emily should stay with him for the rest of her life. It is better than living with her problematic mother. Andrew knows that Jennifer will never take Emily back because she would be arrested if the police found out about how she abused her own daughter.

Emily smiles at Andrew again and replies, "I'm great". She admits that she feels comfortable around this man. She can trust him and he can get her away from her mother. In a blink of an eye, both of them talk for 10 minutes straight.

"I...I guess you have to stay with me," Andrew says, earning a happy nod from Emily. She wants to talk more, but a doctor suddenly comes in and checks on her condition.

"She's as good as new. You can take your daughter home today," the doctor states. Andrew thanks the doctor and smiles. Meanwhile Emily widens her eyes, looks around and meets Katherine and Anthony's eyes. Both of them just shrug. It will be so awkward for Emily to stay with Mr. Andrew Robertson and his family all of a sudden.

*******

Emily changes into a proper outfit and begins to pick up her bag when suddenly Thomas pulls it up first.

"Let me bring this," Thomas says without looking at Emily.

"Thank you for taking care of Emily all these times. If you want to visit her, don't be shy to come over to our house. I will text you the address soon," Andrew tells Katherine and Anthony.

"You're welcome, sir," Katherine says and turns to Emily. "Good luck with your new life, Em! If you have any problem, just call us". Emily, Katherine and Anthony smile at each other and hug.

After that, Emily waves her hand at them and walks away with her father, Andrew and Thomas through the hospital corridor. She glances around and sees Mark looking straight at her. She quickly walks beside Andrew and hides her face in her long hair.

"What's wrong, Emily?" Andrew puts his hand on Emily's shoulder while looking at her uncomfortable face.

"Huh? Nothing," Emily runs her fingers through her hair nonchalantly. Then, she slowly turns back and realises that Mark has already gone. Andrew and Thomas also turn back, asking themselves about Emily's weird behaviour.

______________________________________

Finally !!

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜