#5 New Family

Emily gasps in amazement. Is that a mansion? Wow ~ She doesn't know that her father, Andrew Robertson is very rich. That's why she often saw Thomas came to school with a Bentley and returned home with a chauffeur driving an expensive car.

    Suddenly, a red Ferrari 488 cuts her from her own thoughts by roaring from the main entrance to the porch. Emily stares at the car until a tall man comes out from it with a pair of sunglasses on his face. She stares at him without blinking while Thomas rolls his eyes and sighs.

    "Good afternoon, Dad!" the man says to Andrew and then stops walking to the door when he saw Emily standing awkwardly between Andrew and Thomas. "Is this Emily?" he steps closer to them and stands in front of Emily.

    "Yup. Emily, this is William," Andrew says. Emily smiles and reaches out her hand to shake hand with William, but....

    "NICE TO MEET YOU, EMILY!!" William hugs Emily and slightly lifts her up until her feet are no longer touching the ground. Andrew just laughs and William puts her down gently. He pats her head and walks into the house. Emily stands there, trying to gather her thoughts together. Who is William, actually?

    "Sorry. He's just....too friendly," Thomas says and leads Emily into the house. Emily widens her eyes and mouth even more when she entered the house. The main hall is so vast and exquisite. She closes her mouth quickly when she realised that a woman dressed like a maid stares at her confusingly.

    "Come here, Emily. Your bedroom is upstairs," Andrew looks down to Emily that is still standing in the middle of the hall from the grand stairs. Emily looks up and quickly follows her father.

*******

    "What the --" Emily mutters after Andrew opened a door to her bedroom. The floor is made of marble and the wallpaper is in pink which is one of her favourite colours. Thomas comes in first and puts her bag on a large bed and walks out. Emily watches him walk away and then sits on the bed.

    "We will have a family lunch after this, so freshen yourself up, okay?" Andrew rubs Emily's hair gently and turns to walk away, but Emily swiftly grabs his hand making him look at her back.

    "Thank you for bringing me here," Emily says with tears glistening in her eyes. Andrew sits down beside Emily and pulls her into his chest.

    "I'm glad that I found you and I'm so delighted to have you here with me," Andrew speaks while hugging her tightly.

    "What about her?"

    "Who?"

    "My mother."

    "I have to make sure that she will never take you away from me and I will protect you from her."

    "Thank you," Emily says softly and clutches onto his shirt, never wants to let him go away.

*******

    Emily looks at her body in front of a big looking glass. She can still see bruises on her arms, shoulders and legs. Huh.. She sighs and puts on her shirt. Then, the door opens suddenly.

    "Aaaahhhh!!!" Emily screams and at the same time feels relieved that she had completely wear her shirt.

    "Sorry!" Emily hears Thomas' voice behind the door, so she stands in front of him.

    "You should knock the door first," Emily nags at Thomas and puts her hand on the doorknob.

    "Yeah, sorry. But I didn't see anything!" Thomas waves his hands in front of him.

    Emily blushes a bit and asks, "All right. Why are you here?"

    "Umm... We're going to have a lunch. Come on!" Thomas walks away first to the stairs.

*******

    "Wow ~" Emily sees more than four people at the dining table. It is so harmonious and lively. She never had this experience, so she walks to them excitedly.

    "Hi, Emily!" Andrew greets Emily. There is a woman at his right. His wife, maybe? If it's true, Emily really has a stepmother. She hopes that the woman is not an evil stepmother like in the story Cinderella.

*******

    They sit altogether, having lunch in the dining room. Emily sits between Thomas and a familiar girl. 'I think this is the girl that I helped on the other day - the day when I first met my father,'  Emily says to herself.

    Suddenly, Andrew clears his throat making them pay their attention to him. "Actually, I want to introduce our family to Emily, who is the new member of this family". Emily looks down shyly when everyone turns to her and smiles. Then, she looks up when her father calls her name.

    "Emily, this is Sarah, my wife and that is her son, William". Emily nods and smiles at Sarah and William. So, the friendly man that hugged her at the front door who is known as William is her stepbrother. "Sarah actually has two sons. The other one is Stephen. He can't come today because of his work," Andrew continues. 'Work? What does he do?'  Emily thinks.

    "Beside you is Elizabeth and Thomas - of course you know him. And those are Sam and Grace," Andrew points to the children. Emily starts to think that she will be happy here. Tomorrow is still holiday, so she decides to spend more time with her new family.

*******

     Emily immediately wakes up from her sleep, sweating and panting. She just had a nightmare about her mother torturing and almost killing her. Her mother also said that she will hunt her down. Emily slides down from her bed and goes to the toilet to wash her face.

    "It was just a dream. Not real," Emily reassures herself and looks for her backpack. Her pink file is not in it. Maybe her father keeps the file. She takes out a bunch of photographs and examines them on her bed. After that, she falls asleep while clutching a photo of her and her parents, together with Thomas.

______________________________________

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜