Crowpaw hissed. "Why did you attack me in the first place?" He demanded, lashing his tail.

"Because you stole my prey." The rogue hissed back, stepping threateningly close to Crowpaw.

"It was my prey." Crowpaw snapped. "And you nearly scared it away. Maybe you should learn how to hunt before you accuse cats of stealing prey."

The cat lashed forward, Crowpaw didn't have a chance to react before he felt a claw cut into his ear. Crowpaw hissed and stumbled backwards, his ear stinging. "Arrogant kit." The rogue spat. "I know how to hunt. I scared it away on purpose, idiot."
Crowpaw growled, his claws scraping into the earth below. I'm not a kit and I'm not an idiot.

"You don't know the first thing about this forest. I own it and all the prey inside of it. You should learn about the cats who live here before you go hunting without care." The rogue growled.

"I've been living here for two moons and have not once seen you around here, and if you think you own this forest then I'm not the idiot of the two of us." Crowpaw mewed, feeling incredibly annoyed at this tom's cocky attitude. He reminds me of Elmpaw. Crowpaw's heart twisted in anger as he thought about his father's killer.

The rogue attacked once more without notice, knocking Crowpaw to the ground and tearing into his fur. Crowpaw hissed and clawed him back. "You need to learn some manners!" The rogue hissed and bit down on his shoulder. The rogue was much bigger than Crowpaw and Crowpaw hadn't had much practice fighting since Blacksky's death.

Despite this, Crowpaw fought back as hard as he could. Pain blurred his vision as the cat ripped into him, he could feel several bleeding wounds and was starting to become fearful for his life.

"Let him go!" There was a large booming voice and the sound of cats rushed in around Crowpaw and the rogue. The rogue was torn off and Crowpaw managed to sit up. He found himself face to face with the concerned eyes of Rudy.

"Are you okay?" She questioned, her voice sounding terrified. The tabby looked over Crowpaw and helped him to his paws.

"I think so." Crowpaw looked over his body, he had long scratches down his side and a bloody wound on his shoulder but they didn't appear to be dangerously deep. He looked over at the rogue was now facing Leo, Cooper, Flint and Sabra.

The rogue stood up, backing up against a tree and flattening his ears. "You lot are the most annoying cats I've ever met!" He shouted with a hiss. "Why are defending a cat you don't even know?"

"We do know him." Cooper growled. "He's been living with us for the past two moons." He explained.

"The real question is," Sabra mewed, her voice sharp as a claw. "Why are you attacking a cat you don't even know?"

"Because he stole my prey." The rogue lashed his tail. Compared to Cooper and Leo, he looked incredibly small.

"Out here, if you catch prey it belongs to you." Flint growled. "You don't own this forest and neither do we. We've lived here together here for a long time and yet you still pick on new cats like you own the place."

"I lived here before the lot of you did!" The rogue argued.

"You were a kit when I first came here, Ripper." Cooper snapped. "You're no older than my own daughter, and not much older than him." He motioned towards Crowpaw. "I wouldn't care if I had never met this cat, I still wouldn't let a fox-heart like you attack him."

Crowpaw flattened his ears, shocked that these cats were so quick to protect him. He looked over at Rudy who was now facing the rest of the cats, she looked as annoyed as the rest of them.