Chapter 23 (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

"Why him!? Have you forgotten what that horseface did to you!? You can't seriously like him!? He lost his chance with you after treating you like that!" He leaned closer to you as he said that. 

You were surprised. Eren was both angry and you sensed...jealousy?

"What are you two doing!?"

Both you and Eren jumped as your eyes met Petra's. 

"You guys are supposed to be going to bed! Don't let the captain catch you two!"

"R-right! Sorry!" Eren sat up. 

"Goodnight, Y/n!"

You waved at him as he left. 

You turned to Petra who was smirking at you. 

"What were you two doing?"

You rolled your eyes and walked up the stairs. 

....

It was now the morning and Captain gathered everyone in the squad of what was going to happen today. 

You could feel the tension in the room and wasn't comfortable standing near your squad mates after what happened yesterday. Hange could sense your nervousness and offered to sit next to you on the table. 

Captain continued and drew on the chalkboard. He wasn't the best artist, which was understandable. It was plan with how they were going to carefully allow Eren to transform without causing any harm.  

"You'll be severed by the arms and legs but you'll survive. In fact, they might just grow back lizard style. Creepy little bastard."

"Wait, I'm not sure if my powers will work. I mean, they might..but I don't think it'll be good to take a risk."

Levi glared in Eren's direction. 

"Oh, I get it. You'll only on board with this if there is no risk involve what's so ever."

"A-ah, n-no."

"Then be prepared. We're all in the same boat. If you go on a rampage, you could kill all of us. That makes us even."

"Yes sir...Seems fair to me."

"Just be clear, I have the go ahead, right?" Hange asked, their glasses gleaming. 

"Go ahead in what?" You thought. 

Captain turned to her. 

"We can't afford not to run tests. In other words, you're good. Just make sure you keep him from going crazy."

"Oh, trust me. I have just the plan."

"Hmm..." You were nervous.

You weren't so sure about this. 

....

You patted Eren's back comfortingly as you gave him a sad look. Long story short, his transformation didn't work and to top it all off, Captain wasn't happy about it. 

"You mean to tell you that the bite wounds are on your hands show no sign of healing?" Captain asked. 

"None sir."

"No offense, but you're not much good to us in this form. If you can't transform, our plan to go to Wall Maria will go up in smokes. Get it together, and yes that is an order." he angrily stormed off. 

"Yes sir..." Eren nervously replied. 

You don't know what to think of Captain. He scares you, but at the same time he's nice to you. At least, you think he's nice to you?