Domestic

On the plus side, I reflected while Nick slunk behind me walking purposely slow in protest, Bogo hadn't figured it out. At least that's what had come across. I hummed to myself happily as I pushed the shopping cart into the next aisle.

Nick however groaned. "We have been here an hour Carrots. What else could you possibility need?" He Muttered petulantly and dragged his frame to follow my footsteps with a heady effort.

"In case you hadn't noticed." I replied ticking an item off my list. "It's called a weekly grocery shop. That thing you do to get food." I retorted quickly losing my patience. He was such a child sullenly floating around like an ominous dark cloud because he wanted to stay at home and watch TV. He had wanted to move in with me after all? Well tough shit that is what being an adult in a long term relationship entails I reasoned.

"Got that Carrots." He grunted passively. He caught up to me pushing the trolley and maintained my walking pace. I lunged upwards to reach for the milk on my tiptoes where Nick intercepted me and brought it down to my level. He grinned proud of himself and chuckled. "See I am helpful."

I rolled my eyes and grimaced taking it off him and placed it in the corner of the cart. "Funny way of showing it." Though I couldn't conceal a smile creeping on to my lips.

"Awww she's not mad anymore folks." Nick declared dramatically and I laughed at his sheer stupidity only causing him to do his slanted smirky face. An expression I had become very familiar with. I shook my head though he could tell my anger has long since diffused.

"Don't get used to it slick." I grinned back enjoying our back and fourth banter. "Make yourself useful and grab those berries."

He held a hand to use chest, and emphasised bending down. "You wound me carrots." He picked them up with his eyes going as wide as saucers. "Oh man blueberries." He groaned in delight, soon distracted from his previous mood once he had put them in the trolley. A cheeky Cheshire Cat grin painted on his face as his emerald eyes glinted mischievously.

"What?" I asked wearily. I didn't like that look. It spelt trouble way back to his hustler days and he usually used it on special occasions, namely when a plan was forming.

As if on cue he grinned wider and stretched upwards towards the ceiling in a movement of ease as though he had somehow the upper hand. "Fancy a challenge." He quipped beckoning me closer.

My curiosity got the better of me. "Bring it." I retorted matching his gaze with an equal confidence and cockiness. Clapping his hands together, I saw his tongue dart across his lips, clearly thinking through his next move.

"What's wrong Bunny got your tongue?" I teased. He chuckled lowly.

"Oh no I just know how much you're gonna regret this carrots." He winked and a flush coated my cheeks wishing he didn't still have this effect on me. I folded my arms.

"Go on then. Try me."

With apprehension momentarily, he decided to give it to me straight. "Well we are cops so I figured why not have a bet. Since I never lose." He remarked snidely slicking down a loose tuft of fur with his hand. "Let's do a pop quiz on each other
make this visit interesting and I have a losing forfeit that you do not want."

I stopped with the trolley, rendered temporarily speechless. What could I say to that. I knew what his bets were like however the childish petty side of me struck out demanding attention as I replied back. "Okay if I get to pick your forfeit then Wilde we have a deal."

He paused clearly thinking it over and pulled out his paw from his pocket to shake. I took a strong grip ignoring the sensations of butterflies in my stomach and confirmed the bet.