Unexplainable

Judy's POV

I awake to find myself naked and self consciously run hands over my body remembering the events of last night. The bed is empty. My face crumpled. Of course he wouldn't stay. Why would he? Tears threaten to spill from my eyes but I fight them back standing up and wrapping the duvet around myself like a protective shield. I wouldn't cry. I knew what I was getting myself into. He was a sly fox.

Sullenly, I heaved myself to the kitchen with the duvet draped around my figure. I wasn't prepared for what I saw: Nick leant over my cooker frying breakfast. Two bowls of muesli lay out with accompanying glasses of orange juice. I rubbed my eyes to check I wasn't dreaming.

"Sorry did I wake you? I meant to surprise you but I'm a bit new to this cooking business." He grinned.

I was at a loss for words. All my sadness has vanished as I pulled Nick into a deep hug embracing him. He coughed embarrassed as my duvet fell to the floor. I didn't care however and held him tighter shaking.

"Carrots?"

"Just hold me." I whispered resting against the crook of his neck. He held the spatula in his other hand and gingerly let go running his hand down to my waist consoling. His shirtless figure warming me from the inside as we held each other for what seemed like hours.

Eventually we pulled away and I sniffed wiping the corner of my eye. Nick looked at me curiously almost imploring for answers, searching my body language. He didn't ask however.

He smiled bashfully scratching the back of his neck. "That was an unexpected morning greeting. All I did was make you breakfast."

She smiled. "What did you make me then chef?"

"Hmmm-" he grinned. "I like it. I thought muesli was boring but I knew you'd get at me because you eat that crap to stay thin even though there isn't an issue with how you look you're perfect." He broke off with a cough averting my eyes.

"I mean um ah anyway." He scratched his head again. "I fried us some eggs which we can have with your toasted loaf. I wasn't going to get anything meat because I know that's not your style." He composed himself back to good natured joking Nick. She could've sworn she saw a moment of weakness flick through his amber embers.

I folded my arms and gave him a bemused look and sat down at the table. I took a large gulp of juice and gave him a thumbs up. Refreshing.

"We also have coffee. I mean you have coffee given it's your house and all."

"Nick." I stated

"Yeah?" He turned around after the egg flipped.

"Relax."

His shoulders visibly unwinded as he winked back. "Gotcha Carrots. I think I'm still tired. After all you did keep me up all night."

I blushed turning crimson and took another sip of juice to hide my embarrassment. "Y-yeah." I stuttered.

"Aww that's adorable." He muttered bringing out too plates from my cupboard. I patiently waited for him to bring the food over so I could start. It felt wrong to begin eating when he wasn't with me. I picked up the duvet and swaddled it around the chair gaining back my decency.

Nick pouted as he brought the plates over. "Shame I was enjoying the view."

I swatted him playfully as he laughed setting the food down and took a seat opposite.