God how can i say no to this.

Some of you may recognize the Hamilton in the title. It resonates well ;)

:3am

Nicks pov

I was nearing the finish of my paperwork at long last. I hadn't heard a peep off Judy for about an hour so I could only guess she was engrossed. It gave me time to get down to the final sheet so I wasn't complaining.

"Hey Carrots?"

She glanced up from her computer

"Yeah?"

"How close are you to finishing?"

She shrugged non committedly "Mm not too long. What about you?"

"Maybe another half hour or so"

"Similar to me"

I smiled slightly spinning my chair back around and typing with a newfound eagerness. Soon I would be home and asleep. Maybe I could always fake sick and get the day off. Catch up on some much needed rest.

I chuckled to myself picking up my mug to take a sip only to realise I had already drunk it. Great.

The clock read 3:25 when I clocked out. Scanning my card to open the door and walking through the marble entryway with Judy following alongside.

It was only when I reached the moderately empty parking lot that alarm bells hit causing me to break out into a cold sweat.

"Ummmm" I surveyed the car park squinting in the darkness.

"What's up"

Judy had now caught up with me and was looking at me questionably with her lips pursed together

"Nothing..." I lied trying to see if I could spot my car with no such hope

This night was getting better

Judy sighed tapping her foot "I can tell when you're lying. Spill"

"Well you see" I nervously laughed running a hand through the back of my fur

"Yeah?"

"My car is kinda not here."

"Oh." She looked blankly shaking her head "didn't you park it this morning?"

"I was sure I did"

I had no idea where it had actually gone. That was the biggest issue.

I began to pace around the car park now increasingly worried when Judy grabbed onto my shoulders.

"Look it doesn't matter" she pronounced tilting her chin upwards to look at me.

"Why is that?"

"Because i can take you to my apartment until you find a way"

My mouth opened widely internally protesting the very idea. Nothing good would come to going to my colleagues apartment at night especially when I was not fully on guard. It spelled disaster when it came to my tendencies. There was a reason why I was probably called a sly fox.