chapter 2 | Scorching hot

Start from the beginning

"This is the second time that you don't follow my orders. You only have one chance left. This is a warning," he steps back and walks around his desk to reach his rotating chair. "If you pass over this limit I'll be forced to take measures and act upon your bad behavior."

I gulp down heavily at the cringe felt inside my chest. I just listen but let his words get inside by one ear to leave by the other one. "Understood Miss Han?" he holds his hands together on the flat surface. "Yes Mister Jeon, I promise this won't happen again," I bend over, to apologize.

"Good. Thank you for your work, you can leave but I'm telling you one last time and I won't repeat myself again," he stares at me with sternness tightening my muscles. "I don't want to see you leaving your office after 8 pm once more, unless you have my permission or that it's important."

"Alright, Mister Jeon."

He leans back on his cozy chair made of leather. "Have a nice day Miss Han and continue working well."

"Yes, I promise I will," I bend over again. "Have a nice day as well Mister Jeon," then step back and get to the door to leave the office.

I've never felt so uptight in my life, what is he provoking to me...? But worse, how is he able to do such a thing with nothing else other than words and gazes?

•••

1 pm.

"Mister Jeon?" I knock on his door for the second time today, being called again as if once wasn't enough. "Come in Miss Han," he guesses who I am without any problem and let me in, for my body to already heat up once I join him in his private office.

My eyes landing on him but watching him against my will, walking up to me as we're both reducing the distance separating us quite swiftly. He tucks one hand in his trousers' pocket and with the other, loosens his tie, to lick his lips while staring at me now that I stopped my path.

My breathing now leaving my lungs, I nibble on my inner cheek but once he tilts his head to the side, I lower my gaze. I'm slowly feeling myself hyperventilating without any good reason, he's affecting me way too seriously.

I only lay my eyes on his long legs approaching my smaller one but speak out, in a wavering voice. "Why have you called me, Mister Jeon...?"

The sound of his strong inhale and exhale sends shivers down my spine, feeling my skin being covered in chills. "Have you eaten something like I told you at the break?" he replies with some firmness in his voice, the deepness of it always catching me off guard whenever he talks. "No."

"Can you remind me what I said earlier?" I witness his hands moving in his pockets, for one of them to slide up to his belt as if he was fixing it, while the veins of his throbbing are getting my mouth to be dry. "I can't remember...Mister Jeon..."

"Look into my eyes when you talk to me," he steps forth for his breathing to be felt brushing my hair, so I gather all my courage up and raise my head up with a pounding heart, for my eyes to set into his no matter how hard this is.

The eye contact lingers silently, my chest rising and losing in volume at warp speed, my cheeks blushing the more I'm melting in nervousness.

No words, he smirks at me with his thin glossy lips but steps back, to grab hold of his tie and remove it while heading to his desk. "Haven't I told you to not pass over this limit I established or else, I would be forced to take measures and act upon your disrespectful behavior?" he drops his fabric on the desk, making the temperature of my body rise in no time at all for me to even breathe. "I told you to eat at the break and stop working, you didn't listen again."