Chapter 11

Chapter 11

After getting my pretzel, and of course Jake one too, I started trying to name the stores in the mall.

"Okay, your first challenge of the day. What do you smell?" Jake says.

"I smell coffee..."

"Yes..." he says.

"Is it Starbucks?"

"Yes! Good job!"

"That was so easy. Come on Jake, where's the hard stuff?"

"Oh I see how it is. You think this is easy. Okay then, next shop."

He takes my hand and starts leading me elsewhere until he abruptly stops. "Okay, what do you smell?"

This one is harder than the first. I smell what the mall itself smells like and a distinct sweet sent. The sent has lots of different sweetnesses, if that makes any sense, that would only be one thing.

"Is it ice cream?" I ask.

"Yeah, next one."

He pulls me again but for longer this time. Once there, I am immediately hit the unquestionable familiar sent of perfume, lotion, soap, and candles. The smell is so overwhelming that I stop walking and even backing away a little bit, knocking into someone.

"I am not going into Bath and Body Works, there's no way. I feel like my nose is being mauled" I exclaim, ignoring the rude comment I got from the person I bumped into.

"That's alright. Sorry, I didn't think about it being that bad for you" Jake says.

"It's okay, let's just keep going."

Jake really took it to the fullest of identifying the stores. They ranged from a common clothes store like Sears to a little shop I have never even heard of that sells hats called Lids. Obviously I didn't get that one, but I did pretty well, only missing a few.

After getting some food from the food court, Jake and I sit down to rest a little bit.

"That is probably the most exercise I have gotten in a long time" I say.

"Our next date can be at the gym if you want."

"I don't recall you asking me to come on this date. I distinctly remember you dragging me out of my own house." I hear him laugh and feel a kiss on my cheek.

"You had fun though."

"Yeah, I did.

******

"Jake what time is it?"

"About ten" he replies.

"Crap! I didn't tell my parents anything about where I was going. I hope they're not too mad." I was kind of hoping Jake could stay the night, without my parents knowing of course.

"There's no lights on so maybe they saw you and I leave and knew that you would be okay" he reasons.

"I guess we'll have to find out" I say getting out of the car.

I hear Jakes footsteps coming around the car and grab my hand and we start to head to my house, I suppose.

"Have a good night Andrea" Jake says.

"You too" I say reaching up and pulling his head to mine.

We stand there kissing for a while until I hear the front door open and the clear of someone's throat. I pull away from Jake as fast as possible and turn to the breathing behind me.

"I've been waiting for you" my father says. Crud.

"We lost track of time" I say.

"Mmhm. It's late, get in the house."

"Goodnight Jake."

"Goodnight Andrea. Goodnight sir."

My dad just grunts back in response before closing the door on Jake.

I kind of just stand there awkwardly until he finally says something.

"Look Andrea, I know he's your first boyfriend and all, but coming home this late without telling us is unacceptable. Your mother and I were worried that something could have happen to you. You didn't have your phone on you and we just don't want anything happening to you."

"I'm sorry dad, I really am. I didn't know we were going out and I would have told you guys but I just forgot. It won't happen next time, I promise."

"It's alright, I forgive you. Just don't do it again."

"It won't. Goodnight dad, I love you."

"I love you too" he says while pulling me into a hug.

I start to head up the stairs when dad starts to speak again.

"And tell Jake if he wants to come over for the night, he has to ask me and he is sleeping on the couch."

I couldn't help but hold onto the railing and laugh. "Sure thing dad."

Walking into my room, I instantly hear Jakes breathing. "You better not let my dad catch you or he's going to ring your little neck."

"Yeah that wouldn't be good. I just came to say goodnight."

"Umm, we already said goodnight."

"I know but I didn't get to finish" he says, crashing his lips to mine. This one is rougher than the others we have shared. Almost like he needs it. He pulls away after a little bit and leans his forehead against mine.

"I love you" Jake says.

I smile and say, " I love you too. Now get out of my room."