Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Jake's P.O.V

When I told her that the powers out she,well, she started to freak out.

"Oh my gosh, how are my parents supposed to call me? I don't know where my phone is. Uhhh." Quite unattractive but attractive sound might I add. "Where is Edger? Edger!"

"Wait, you have a phone?" She stops ranting and turns toward me.

"Is that all you got out of that? How are my parents supposed to call me when they get to their hotel? It's not like I can just pick up the phone and call them when the powers out. I haven't used my phone for months." Even with the sun glasses on her, I can still see the panic on her face. I stepped forward and grab her arms and rub them to comfort her.

"Hey its okay, alright. You can use my phone to call your parents. We'll find Edger together and look for your phone. How does that sound?" I feel her tense body relax after my reasoning and the worry vanishes from her features. Taking her hand after she nods her confirmation, and trying to not be affected by her hand in mine, I step into the house all the way and close the door.

"You'll have to lead me to your couches. I've never been in this house." I see her nod and she winds her fingers through mine to pull me to the couch area. I sure hope my fingers aren't going to start sweating from her touching me, that would be the worst thing to happen to me right now. I didn't even tell my mom that I was coming over here. I knew that would only end up with me in a very awkward dinner with Andrea and her parents. My mom would start telling embarrassing stories of me when I was younger and had no control over the events of those stories.

Once we are on the couch in the living room, I fish out my phone, unlock it, and get ready to place the call to Andrea's parents. "What is your parent number?"

"(206)-555-5555" I punch in the numbers and hand her my "dumb" phone. Its really just a slide phone but since everyone has a "smart" phone, I decided to label mine as well.

Andrea gets up and starts to pace while talking to her parents. Looking at her, all I do is smile. Knowing that someone as great and beautiful as her to live next door, to me of all people, is just amazing.

Yes, I do like her, but I'm kind of a wimp when it come to girls. I have friends that are girls but I have never had a girlfriend before. Sure I never had a girlfriend before but that doesn't mean I'm inexperienced when it comes to girls. I am 17 after all. I'm just a wimp when the girls are really beautiful and I actually like them.

I'm brought out of my thinking when Andrea plops herself down on the couch, on top of me.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know you were there." She rushes and scrambles to get up.

"No worries. So, what did you parents say?" I chuckle while answering her.

I see her blush from sitting on me and think it's the most adorable thing ever. "My mom said that the weather has gotten to bad to drive in so they are going to stay there until it gets better. I told her that you were here with me so she wouldn't worry."

"Do you want to look for Edger and your phone now?" I ask her.

"Yeah, that would be great." She says, smiling.

She reaches for me and I wonder if she's going to grab my hand but she does something I wasn't expecting. She grabs hold of my face and leans forward and places a soft kiss on my right cheek. I am never going to wash that cheek ever again.

"Thank you." She backs up a little and smiles at me.

"You're welcome." I smile back, but she cant see.

I stand up and lace my fingers with hers and pull her up. "Where should we look first?" I ask.

"If Edger isn't outside or downstairs then he is going to be in my room." Andrea replies.

"Okay, lets go." She leads me to the stairs and up them to her room.

The first thing I see in her room is Edger on her bed sleeping. "Edger is asleep on your bed."

She quickly lets go if my hand and runs over to her bed and pushes Edger off. He starts to whine but Andrea silences him. "You're wet! You can't be blob my bed!"

"We found your dog, now all we have to do is find your phone." I said, thinking. "Where is it?"

"If I knew where it was I wouldn't be trying to find it, would I?" I try to ignore the mocking tone she uses.

"I meant where is the last place you put it" I clarified.

"I put it on my dresser like a couple of weeks ago and I've searched for it, not there."

"Okay, maybe it is in one of your drawers." I move to look through her dresser when I'm pushed out of the way by a train. "What was that for!"

"You are not going through my underwear drawer" she states firmly.

"Okay sorry. A little heads up next time would be good, instead of getting plowed over." I swear I heard a crack when I got up off the floor. Oh my gosh, I'm going to hurt tomorrow. What has she been eating?! Radioactive food I bet.

"Sorry I-"

"Yeah yeah, it's okay. I'll look underneath your bed. Is that a safe place to look?" I interrupt her while chuckling.

"Yeah, it's safe."

I go on my hands and knees to search underneath her bed which is surprisingly clean. Unlike mine, it has all the crap I don't use under there. When I get done comparing my room to hers, I spot her phone by the wall the bed is up against. Now all I have to do is crawl my not fat but buff self under the bed and retrieve the phone.

I scoot my body further underneath the bed and I feel like a fat turtle in a way to small shell. A couple of groans, curses and cramped legs later, I'm sitting up against Andrea's bed with my legs spread out in front of me like I just lifted a bolder with a sweaty forehead. I'm about to get up when Andrea huffs out of annoyance and walks over towards her bed to I think sit down. Before I can let her know that I'm siting in front of her bed, she trips over my legs, head butts me in the forehead, and effectively elbows me in my special spot.

"Effing Christ!" I fall to the side holding myself and groan.

"Why didn't you worn me" I hear Andrea mumble into the carpet where I sort of pushed her off of me. Whoops.

"I was going to but it was to late. You already head butted and elbowed me where I'd like to keep away from pain."

"Sorry" Andrea says.

"No, it's okay. It was my fault anyways." I help her up after I get over my pain filled organ and dust the dirt off her back.

"Is your forehead okay?" Andrea asks.

"Yeah I think so."

"I'll make it better" what...

Andrea gets on her tipi toes and kisses my forehead. "All better?"

"Lots" I say smiling. She's confident that's for sure.

"Your forehead is sweaty. What were you doing?"

"I, miss Andrea, have retrieved your phone from the tiny space underneath your bed."

"Thank you!" she yells and throws her arms around my neck to hug me.

Yes, you're welcome.

Thank you for reading! Vote and comment!