Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It's been a week since my parents and I moved to Washington and I'm wasting my summer away, bored out of my mind. It's raining right now so I can't really go outside and do something. That's okay though. I like listening.

Right now, I'm sitting on my window seat with Edger next to me. Edger is a lab, ive had him since the accident, so about 3 years. We haven't lived here for that long, so I am still trying to get the layout of the house. I know my room pretty well because I dedicated 3 days of my life to learning where everything is. My bed is on your right I the corner when you enter the room. The closet is a few steps forward from the door and on your left. I have these shelve things, according to my mom, in my closet to hold all the clothes that don't go on hangers. The window seat is on the wall next to my closet about 4 steps to the right.

Sitting here with the window open, I can hear the rain make a pitter patter sound on the roof and arguing coming from my next door neighbors. I got up and moved to the window that is next to my bed and opened it to listen. I can hear loud shouting coming from a window that must be open near mine. The shouting isn't too loud so I can't hear what they are saying.

Apparently, our neighbor has a son my age. They've argued a lot since ive been here. The arguing usually leads to the son leaving the house for a few hours and the family arguing again or he just locks himself in his room for the rest of the day. This is what happens when you have nothing to do on your summer break. You become a stalker on your neighbor and know what they do after fights. Then the arguing stops, I hear loud stomps going up stairs and then a slam of a door. After the loud slam, there are noises of banging around like he's throwing things.

I'm standing off to the side of the window, or so I hope, so no one can see me. I hope.

"What are you looking at?" Busted.

"Who's there?" Man I hope it's not the boy.

"Umm, me? Jake?" said the mysterious voice.

"And who is that?"

"Your neighbor?" Uh oh.

"Oh, hi" Nice reply Andrea, nice reply.

"So, why are you looking inside my room? Hey, aren't you the new people that moved here?" Geeze. One question at a time please, thank you.

"Yeah, my parents and I moved here about a week ago. My names Andrea."

"It's nice to meet you Andrea. I'm Jake."

"Yeah I got that when you said your name the first time." I replied, chuckling softly.

"Yeah, stupid me" I smiled.

"Andrea! Dinners ready!" That's great mom, ruin my chance at getting a friend. Thanks.

"Well it was nice talking to you Jake. Come on Edger, let's go." I said grabbing Edger's handle bar thing.

"Bye Andrea."

Jakes P.O.V

She's blind.