Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Have you ever got the feeling of liking somebody but you shouldn't. When you get the feeling of butterflies in your stomach when you think of that person.

I shouldn't like him but I cant help it. I barely know him but yet I seem to be thinking about him every five minutes. The way his laugh can make shivers go up my spine. The way the hairs on my arms stand up just by his touch. The sound of his voice that seems to silence everything else when he speaks his angelic voice. Thinking of his name makes me forget all of my issues that I have learned to live with. While I'm sitting here with the wind and rain in my face, at my window seat, I can't help but think over all of these things and how much fun I had at the beach with Jake.

He was so gentle and patient with me that all I could so was smile. He would hold onto me when a big wave came racing at us to makes sure I didn't fall. Then when the next wave came, he pulled me down with him when he fell because of the big wave. Every time we fell in the water, Jake would pull me back up and get the hair out of my face and trace his finger down my cheek. I would shiver not only from the coldness of the ocean water but also from the excruciating feeling he made me feel from just a simple touch of finger to cheek.

I've always been the type of girl that liked the guy too quickly. No, I've never really like anybody before but this happened to me when I would watch a movie or read a book. Obviously that was before the car accident. I would immediately like the main guy way too quickly and can't help but fall in love with the character. So, I can't help but like Jake after just a couple of days of knowing him. I think about what he might look like. His smile that can concur anything. His eyes that bright up the darkness that I see everyday.

I think about how soft his hair is when I touched it while hugging him. The color of his hair. Blonde? Maybe black, or brown. Or something you don't see very often like red. I also think about the color of his eyes as well. Are they blue like mine once were? Or are they something simple like brown or maybe even hazel. Are they something more extravagant like green or some sort of mixture between colors.

All I can think about right now, as I sit at my window, is just him.

I shouldn't be thinking these thoughts about him but I can't help but let them flow through my brain.

Yes, I do like Jake.

I know he said that he treats everyone the same, that we're equals. But that can only go so far.

Why would Jake ever like me?

***************

Being blind has its perks. While I lost one of my senses, my others just have grown from it. I can here and smell things better but not really taste. Nope, my taste is still as unusual as it was. To some people. I think it's fine.

Since I have better hearing, I can hear my moms bare feet slapping against the wooden stairs as she hops from stair to stair.

"We're going to get going, Andrea. We'll be back by Sunday night." My mom says while entering my room.

My parents are going on a date weekend, eww, and leaving me to fend for myself. Thanks a lot guys, no really. Not.

"Your father put all the labels up on the doors where the food is so you should be fine with that. He also put the labels up on the rest of the house as well. You have Edger to help you and you can also got the neighbors if you need anything." The labels are in Brail so I can read what they say and find where things are.

"Okay thanks mom. Have a good trip." I reply to my mom.

"Thank you hun. Your dad will be up soon to say goodbye." She says while I feel her put her arms around me for a hug. "Bye sweetheart, love you."

"Love you, too" I hug her back smiling.

She leaves after that and a couple of footsteps later, dad walks in.

"Hey kiddo, how's it going?" my dad says, sitting next to me.

"Good. Did you let Edger back in?" I had told dad previously that Edger needs to go outside because he would not stop wining at me. Sure, I could of let him out myself but I didn't want to get up. I had told my dad the same thing.

"Yes, he is eating right now. Did your mom tell you about the labels?" My dad asks.

"Yeah she did. Thanks" I smile at him, thinking what a great dad he is.

"Your welcome. We'll call soon, okay. See you later kid."

"Bye dad. Love you."

"Love you too, kiddo."

We hug one last time before he gets up to leave. Not much later, I hear the front door close and followed by my parents car driving away.

****************

I have noticed two things since my parents left.

One, Edger somehow got outside and locked himself out there. I don't know where my cane is.

Two, the wind and rain has picked up so much that I can hear the branches of trees hitting my house.

I had to close my window because the rain was getting inside my room. I got up from my window seat and walked to my door. Opening it, I got down on my hands an knees to guide myself to the stairs. The stairs should just be down the hall from the left of my bedroom. I cautiously move each hand in front of the other in hope of not falling down the stairs and braking my face. Right when I got the idea to scoot on my butt, my face smashes into the side of the railing.

"Ouch! Stupid railing." Grumbling, I went on my butt and slid down the stairs.

I stood up, rubbing my sore bottom, and put my hands out in front of me to help not run into anything because I still don't completely know the layout of the house downstairs. When I got to the the back door, I could just imagine my dog being soaked from the rain. Dad must have not closed the door all the way for Edger to get out then the wind closing the door.

"Edger! Come here boy!" I yell into the rain. I hear him bark a couple of times then I'm down on the grown with a soaked Labrador on top of me, making me wet as well, and licking my face. "Eww! Edger stop!" Edger stops licking me but still continues to sit on my stomach. I push him off of me to stand up but I'm interrupted when I am hit in the face with my lovely dog's tail. "Again with the face, thanks Edger."

I go to grab Edgers collar when I hear a frantic knock at the door. "Edger, go see who it is" I comand my dog. He goes to look out the window by the door that my mother said would be perfect for Edger to look out of and he starts to do the same thing he did when Jake was stalking me while I was walking. Its been a couple of days since then but I will never forget how spastic my dog was acting just because I was being stalked by, hopefully, a really good looking guy.

I cautiously go over to the door but don't open it. "Who is it!" I yell.

"It's Jake!" He yells back.

I quickly scramble to find the lock on the door to unlock it then open the door.

"What are you doing here?"

"It's nice to see you, too." Jake replies, sarcastically might I add.

"Sorry. Hi, what's up? You want to come in? I know it's raining outside because my dumb dog decided to jump on me when he come back inside." I say while opening the door wider and gesturing Jake inside. He chuckled and walked forward due to the sound of his laugh getting closer.

"Yeah sure. I just came over to check on you. To see how you holding up." What is he talking about?

"Holding up from what exactly?" I ask.

"The powers out."

Shit.

Comment and vote! Thank you!