Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Psst, Andrea. Hey Andrea can you hear me." I have been hearing this constant tapping on my window and an annoying voice of my stalker. So I do the natural thing when it comes to stalkers, I give them a piece of my mind.

I walk over to my window where Jake is unfortunately ruining my quiet time, and open the window just a couple of inches. "You know, I strangely remember someone telling me not to keep my windows open for stalkers to get in my house."

"That's a weird concept. But I forgot to tell you something" Jake says in a rush.

"And what is that?"

"I will pick you up at 5."

"What time is it now?"

"It's about 1:30."

"How far away is your window?" I ask.

"What?"

"How far away is your window? I don't want you falling out of a window on the second story of a house just to talk to me."

"Not that far. Maybe a little over an arms length, but what's the fun in not being in danger to talk to the pretty girl I'm taking out tonight." I can just imagine the smirk on his face. I smile anyways.

"That's nice. But you could always call me."

"But I don't have your number."

I go over to the table by my bed and feel around until I grab my phone and give it to Jake when I get back to the window.

"Put your number in and I'll tell you mine so you can have it."

"You have an iPhone?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Nothing. I just thought that you would have gotten something that helps you call and stuff."

"That's what Siri's for."

"I like your thinking" Jake says with a laugh.

After exchanging numbers, Jake says he has to go because his mom needs his help with something.

Finally, quiet.

**********

"Mom?"

"What's up honey?"

"Can you help me get ready?"

After telling my parents that I was going out with jake tonight, which surprisingly my dad took quite well, I had to ask my mom for help. I couldn't really get ready and look half way descent, for a date, on my own. I'd probably poke an eye out if I tried putting mascara on. So I ended up going to my mom.

"Of course sweetie" she replies.

"Jake said to wear something casual so I just want to wear jeans and a nice shirt. And maybe some mascara" I say as we walk into my room.

"Whatever you want, I'll do it. I'll make your hair a little wavy to if you want."

"Okay."

After about twenty minutes of my mom searching for an outfit and me trying things on, she finally picked one that would work. Now the hair and makeup.

"Go sit on the toilet and ill get my makeup." I do as instructed and wait for her.

Once I hear her coming back in, I go to speak. "Can you do it light? I don't really want all that much on."

"Well I wasn't going to make you look like a wanna-be Barbie."

Then she starts, and I'm just waiting for her questioning to begin.