Chapter 12

Jake's P.O.V

I wake up from the sun coming through the curtains and a smile on my face. I don't know why I'm in such a good mood, but I am. After Andrea's warning of her dad and my neck, I haven't really stuck to his wish. I just can't help myself when it comes to Andrea. She makes me nervous when I'm around her and I just want to hold her and never let her go. I don't care how that sounds because it's the truth.

I get up and get ready to go over to Andrea's place to spend the day with her. My mom has asked me to ask Andrea to come over for dinner because I spend so much time over there with her so my mom wants to meet her. I told her to tell dad to be nice to Andrea because I know ho he can get when it comes to things regarding me. I just don't want my dad to hate her.

Reaching Andrea's house, I knock on the door and wait for it to be opened. When it opens I am met with Andrea's dad and Edger.

"Good morning Mr. Simons."

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Tom?"

"Every time I see you. So about once a day," I say with a smile.

He chuckles a little bit then opens the door a little wider. "Come on in Jake. Andrea is still upstairs."

I walk inside and instantly smell Andrea's mom has been busy in the kitchen. "Hi Mrs. Simons, how are you this morning?"

"I'm great dear, thank you for asking. How are you?"

"I'm good," I reply.

"Good. Would you like some breakfast? I have eggs, sausage and hash browns."

"All the above if you don't mind."

"Of course we don't mind. Come sit down and I'll fix you a plate."

Sitting down, I wait patiently for a Mrs. Simons to hand me the plate she made for me. Once it is handed over to me it just looks delicious. "This looks really good, thank you Mrs. Simons."

"You're welcome dear."

I eat in silence until a thought comes to my head. "Mrs. Simons, I hope you don't mind me asking but Andrea told me about the accident and I was just wondering how you guys coped with what happened."

"Oh. I don't mind. You know, it was hard because that was my daughter that was in the car with me. She got hurt and I didn't. There were so many time where I wished it could have been me to have gone blind but now I see how much stronger Andrea is because of it. I just wish she would have gotten to experience high school like she should have instead of going to the school to help her with being blind."

"Yeah, she really is strong."

I finish my food and a moment later Andrea walks down the stairs in all her glory.

She's wearing a dress today. It's blue and reaches just above her knees with her blue Converse.

"You look great Andrea," I say.

"Thank you. I'm sure you look good as well."

I smile as she comes towards me. "You two have fun. We'll see you guys later," Andrea's mother says.

"We will."

"Where are we going Jake?"

"Well, I thought it would be a good time for you to meet my mom," I say, opening the front door of Andrea's house.

"Not your dad?"

"No. Not yet. Plus it's Wednesday, he's at work."

"Do you think she will like me?" Andrea asks.

"Of course she will. I've been telling her about you since we met, there's no way that she won't."

"You've told her about me?"

"Yeah. It's kind of hard not to talk the person you love," I reply.

"That's sweet. I talk about you too."

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too."

We get to my house and I open the door. "Mom! We're here!" I call out.

"In the kitchen!" my mom yells back.

I take Andrea's hand in mine and head to where my mom is. Once we are in the kitchen, I see my mom doing the dishes from her breakfast. "Mom, this is Andrea."

"She's even more beautiful than you said."

"Thank you. From what Jake has told me, you sound lovely as well," Andreas said, smiling at my mom.

I see my mom smile from Andrea's comment. The looks happy, they both do.