Magic Council Prisoner.

Chapter two

Lucy POV

I wandered down the street towards the guild hall. Blond hair down today, my usual blue clothing. I folded my arms across my waist as I walked. I wondered what insane adventures I would be offered today. I reached the hall and opened the door to a fight. Like most days, between Gray and Natsu. Ice and fire did not get along a lot. Erza sat at the bar, nibbling on what I believed was strawberry cake. I wandered over to her, avoiding the flying chairs and tables. I sat down and Mira smiled at me. “Good morning Lu-chan!” She had fondly nicknamed me that. “Hi Mira.” I glanced over at the fighting boys.  “Any interesting jobs?” I asked her. Mira thought for a moment before bending under the table and pulling out a slip of paper. “Ahh, this one. I haven’t gotten a change to pin it up on the bored yet. But take a look at it.” I nodded taking the paper from her and reading down it. “Magic council requesting help unburying a lost prisoner….?” I read outloud. “What kind of job is this.” I snorted.

Mira pointed to the pay. “50,000 jewel!” I spat. “Must be a super important prisoner.” Probably powerful to. Someone’s arm landed on my shoulder. I could only guess it was Natsu. He snatched the paper from my hands. “Sounds bland.” I rolled my eyes taking it back. “It sounds interesting, look at the pay!” I pointed to the amount of Jewel. The pink haired boy rolled his eyes. “We could make more doing a more interesting job.” I sighed. “Do you want to come or not.” He grumbled. “I wouldn’t abandon you, we're a team remember.” I nodded. “I know.” I turned to Mira. “We'll take it.” Mira nodded. “I'll inform the master.” She walked off to go find our short master known as Makarov. She returned a few minutes later with the paper. “Here 'ya go.” Mira smiled. “Lets go.” I said to Natsu who nodded at me. “We're going to the council hall, Era- isn’t to far from here.” I said. Natsu sighed in relief. He got pretty bad motion sickness.

We started towards the door when the white haired girl known as Lisanna approached us. “Hay guys.” She said cheerily. I smiled to her. “Hi Lisanna.” I liked her, she was like me. Kind… maybe a little less fiery then I was. Perhaps she had a good attitude from being in Endolas for so long. I did wonder how she'd gotten there…. And why she hadn’t come back until we'd found her. “You guys got a job?” She asked. Natsu nodded tugging at his scarf awkwardly. I eyed him. Not saying anything, looking at the white haired girl. “Would you like to come along?” Natsu looked up at me, surprised by my words. Lisanna had almost the same expression. “Where are you going?” I smiled slyly at Natsu. “We're going to Era- the magic hall. Apparently the council needs help unburying a prisoner… “ Lisanna looked past me at Natsu who was saying nothing. “If its ok with you.” She looked to me. “Sure thing, the more the merrier.” Lisanna smiled. “Let me just go tell Elfman and Mira that I'm going with you.” She raced off to tell her siblings and I looked at Natsu. Smirking.

He glared at me. “I thought We where the team.” I flicked his nose playfully. “C'mon, don’t you want to spend time with your girlfriend.” He blushed a little. “Shes not my girlfriend.” Natsu growled walking past me outside to wait for the carriage that would be taking us to Era. Lisanna returned a few minutes later and we all piled into our ride. “Oh god.” Natsu murmured flopping his head down onto the seat. As we started to move. His face turned various shades of green and blue. I turned my head out the window, glazing into the vast hills. I must have drifted off because I awoke when the driver yelled that we where here. Natsu almost tripped over himself to get out. Lisanna followed, happy floating behind her and lastly me. I stepped onto the cobble stone roads and looked into the city. It was still as beautiful as it had been when I'd first seen it. My first instinct was to go shopping and look around the city but we where on a job. Perhaps after… if Natsu didn’t destroy the village. I started forward towards the massive hill in the center of the city. The council palace resided there. Natsu got over his sickness pretty quickly. He walked beside me. Happy sitting on his shoulder. Lisanna at my side. “I love this city.” She said quietly. I nodded. “Yeah, I wish I could come here more often.” Natsu just shrugged and said nothing as we got to the steps going up to the palace.

There where so many steps, sweet celestial spirits. Happy flew ahead of us and I started up. The others following, after what seemed like an eternity we reached the top. I pushed open the massive doors into the palace. Various scholars wandered around, dressed in robes and normal clothing. A young lady approached us. “I assume you are the fairy tail wizards here to help out with the prisoner.” She stated in a very professional manor. “Yes we are.” I said. She nodded curtly. “Follow me if you will.” I trailed the girl down a long corridor towards a pair of massive iorn doors. I suddenly felt the magic being zapped from me. “Ouch…” I murmured. “This door takes your magic, preventing you from using so none may escape using there magic atleast.” She said pushing open the door. As we entered a large stone room my magic returned almost like it had never left.

She pointed to a massive hole in the wall. Dirt and broken stones layered it. “That’s where she was.” I blinked. “Could we get some more information on this prisoner.” She was quiet for several long minutes.  “No, her existence is to be kept under lock and key.” She said. “It was a stretch even to ask for help.” I frowned. “Why didn’t you guys just get the council to help out.” The woman tipped her head. Causing her cropped black hair to sway slightly. “They refuse to deal with this woman, we know almost nothing about her… I can give you one piece of information.” I waited. “She is caged within a crystal.” I gasped. “What? Why?”

The woman turned away. “That I cannot tell you, for I do not know.” I said nothing. Natsu shuffled behind me. “why don’t you guys just get your lackeys to bring the crystal up. Or break it.” he scoffed.
She glared at him, the undaunted stare almost terrified me. “We cant, we have tried many times. We are unable to break it. It is protected by a magic unbreakable to any spell. We wait for her to expose herself… or find a new way to open it.” I tipped my head. “Sounds like you guys are backed into a corner.” She frowned. “Yes, hence why we brought in… you wizards.”  She said disgustedly. Natsu put a fist up.

“You got a problem with Fairy Tail wizards lady!” He bellowed. I put a hand out to prevent him from attacking her. “Natsu no. we are not here to fight.” He grumbled but backed up and calmed himself down. “Well, lets see this prisoner then.” The woman nodded and stepped threw the hole in the wall. To my surprise, the hole was downward. Like someone had dug it out, there were ropes layering the dirt along with a rusty ladder. I gripped onto it and began to climb down, followed by Lisanna and then Natsu.

The sight I saw when we got down there… was… utterly… incredible.